The legendary vampires at the Castle's Court in Budapest
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- Let the atmosphere of the city surround you as your guide takes you through the streets
- See beyond the art with an experienced art historian as your guide
Away from the hustle and bustle of Pest, this tour takes you to the charming, magical and most intimate places of the Buda side of the city. Be amazed by the wonderful nightly panorama from the top of the hill to the “Pearl of Danube“. You’ll go back in time, to a dark and hostile time, between 15th and 17th century when Hungarian rulers faced invading armies and reveal the despicable actions of two mad figures: Vlad Dracula and Elizabeth Báthory.
At Buda castle, the ancient seat of the Hungarian lords, the lantern will guide our way along silent streets and around sinister corners that have for centuries been witnesses to bloodshed and the actions of cruel people. Be prepared to learn about the old Hungary which gave birth to myths that lie between fantasy and chilling truth during one of the darkest periods of the history of Eastern Europe.
- Guided walking tour
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Students with a valid student ID: reduced
Budapest, Clark Ádám tér 1, 1013 Hungary
Meet your guide at the Zero Kilometre Stone in Clark Ádám Square, a few meters away from the Chain Bridge (Buda side), at the bottom of the castle funicular. The tour starts from the meeting point and includes a long slope leading up to the castle, with several story-time stops along the way.
- This tour does not include access to interiors of sites visited and no “jump scare” actors
- The tour relies on the professional storytelling skills of your guides
- Children: minimum age recommended 12 years old
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- This tour runs in all weather conditions. It is recommended to wear warm clothing in autumn/winter and bring an umbrella or raincoat in case of rain
- The tour includes a brochure and bus ride back to the starting point
- Tour runs on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday in Spanish at 8.15pm and in English at 8.30pm
There’s no better way to explore the beauty of Budapest than cruising on the Danube while having a c...
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a local guide. During your walking tour you’ll visit a local m...
St. Stephen's Basilica is one of the most beautiful neo-classical buildings of Budapest. Experience ...
Many people know that Hungary is a country blessed with an abundance of thermal springs. But only fe...
See the remnants of Communism in the capital of Hungary as they come alive in front of your eyes thr...
Discover the Jewish heritage of Budapest with a passionate guide.Explore one of the most popular are...