In this neighborhood and food tour you will discover the culinary secrets of Palermo Viejo while enjoying the local food, learning about its history, and observing the vibrant street art. You will start with a typical Porteño breakfast, then you will sample Argentina’s famous steak and relish the emblematic Argentine sandwich along with a variety of local appetizers and snacks. Wine is included during lunch and you could have a craft beer in one of the other locations.
Your friendly local guide Frank, will take you through a culinary journey in Buenos Aires, and there you could admire local street art while walking from one place to the next.
- Breakfast - you will start with a typical Porteño breakfast of Coffee with Medialunas, one of the best medialunas in the neighborhood!
- Snack or refreshing drink at Plaza Italia - (Winter) You will go over the rituals and customs surrounding this drink and accompany it with another local favorite, alfajores (two cookie wafers sandwiching a layer of decadent dulce de leche, covered in real chocolate). (Summer) For hot summer days you will switch to a refreshing cocktail that is named after Guiseppe Garibaldi who's statue you will visit and learn all about him when we visit Plaza Italia.
- Argentine Steak - You will stop at a local non-touristy parrilla (grill) and share a steak lunch. Normally it is accompanied with any of the following, based on availability: pure mixto (mashed potatoes and squash); morcipan (blood sausage on bread topped with salsa criolla), provoleta (provolone cheese prepared on the grill), bread, water wine.
- Choripan - You will stop f,or one of Argentina's most beloved sandwich. This place actually gives the traditional sandwich a modern twist.
- More snacks or craft beer or coffee/tea - There are plenty of options to choose from and if you can't eat anymore we could also just have some craft beer or specialty coffee or tea.
- Ice Cream - Argentina has a long tradition of making amazing ice cream. Discover it with your guide!