Ek Balam, Rio Lagartos, and Tequila private tour from Cancun
- Explore Ek-Balam ruins in a company of a professional certified guide
- Visit a unique mineral-rich pink lake full of flamingo birds
- Witness tequila manufacturing process and try the product
- Have an authentique Mexican lunch
Explore the recently excavated ruins of Ek Balam, a Mayan city full of carvings, tombs, wall paintings, and mysteries. Visit a tequila factory for a tasting, enjoy lunch, then head to Rio Lagartos, the Yucatan´t famous pink lake, full of flamingo birds.
This day trip to the northern edge of the Yucatan Peninsula combines archaeological and natural wonders, topped off with a little tequila. Be ready in your hotel lobby at 7am for pickup in your private, air-conditioned minivan. Head to Ek Balam, one of the last discovered ancient Mayan cities, which wasn't fully excavated until the 1990s and only recently opened to the public. Your historian guide will walk you through the structures of this fascinating ruin, pointing out hieroglyphs, carvings, and wall paintings. Climb the Acropolis, believed to contain the tomb of an important Mayan ruler.
Onward from Ek Balam, stop at a local tequila factory to get an up-close look at how this famous beverage is made and enjoy a tasting and lunch. Your final stop is Rio Lagartos Lagoon on the northern shore of the Yucatan, located within a nature preserve. The high content of minerals and salt color this lagoon pink. Navigate a small boat to the pink salt lake, catching glimpses of crocodiles and flamingos along the way. Once there, take a dip and cover yourself in the mineral-rich white clay, then jump into the Gulf of Mexico to wash off.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional historian guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Tips (optional)
MONUMENTO AL ALBAÑIL, Calle Prol. Av. Kabáh, 92, 77516 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible—please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Hotel pick-up description: the private tour gives you an advantage to be picked at any hotel or apartment you stay in.
- Drop-off/End Point: the end point/drop off point will be the same as pick up point.
Every day at 7.30am
A chance to experience the world-famous aerial acrobatics of Cirque du Soleil – but with a Mexican t...
It's fiesta time as we party the night away in Cancun. You'll have free-flowing national drinks all ...
Holbox Island offers 36km of pristine white beaches washed by emerald green seas. On this exclusive ...
You'll be caught up in the party spirit as soon as you step on board a colourful trajinera in Xoximi...
If you're in search of a holiday experience that'll get your heart pounding, then a day at Xplor is ...
Garrafon Natural Reef Park is just a short distance away from Cancun, and you'll be whisked off to I...