Merida Uxmal and Cacao Plantation day trip from Cancun and Riviera Maya
- Hear about local history from a certificated guide
- Climb to the top of the Maya pyramids
- Learn and see how local cacao goes from bean to chocolate bar
- Wander through vibrant historic neighborhoods
Meet your guide and board a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan for the 4-hour drive to Uxmal. Arrive at the UNESCO-listed archaeological site, and spend time exploring what's considered to be one of the most important sites in the Maya world in the company of your guide. Climb to the top of the "magician's pyramid" and visit the "temple of the turtle," where the female religious leaders lived.
After visiting Uxmal, continue your tour to Merida; the capital of the Yucatan peninsula. Constructed by Spanish conquistadors in the 16th century, the colonial town has colorful historic buildings around a central plaza. Walk along the main street, visit the main square, and see a historic church. At a nearby cacao plantation, learn how the ancient Maya people used cacao beans, and see the preparation of cacao into natural chocolate. Before returning to your Cancun hotel, enjoy a final stop at a traditional Yucatan hacienda on the way.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional historian guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Tips (optional)
MONUMENTO AL ALBAÑIL, Calle Prol. Av. Kabáh, 92, 77516 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Private tour gives you an advantage to be picked at the hotel or apartment you staying at.
Every day at 6.30am
If you want to know the Mayan ruins of Tulum but avoid the heat and the crowds, take the best pictur...
The most complete and impressive nightclub, Coco Bongo, is waiting for you!With amazing shows every ...
A professional guide will tell you everything there is to know about the site and the Mayan Culture....
Enjoy two amazing activities during your stay in Cancun, and make the most of your visit.If you’ve a...
Save up to 45% on admission to over 20 attractions and tours for one low price with a Go Cancun Card...
Enjoy the latest attraction in Cancun and have fun while you admire the landscapes of the Hotel Zone...