Private tour of Chichen Itza, Ek Balam, and Ik Kil Cenote from Cancun and Riviera Maya
- Visit some of the most famous Mayan archaeological sites into one private guided tour
- Take a walk in the ancient city of Ek Balam, whose name means “The city of the black jaguar” in the Mayan language
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of Ik Kil cenote
- Explore Chichen Itza, an ancient Mayan city which is home to architectural wonders including the Kukulkan Pyramid
This private tour conveniently combines some of the most famous Mayan archaeological sites into one private guided experience. First, visit Ek Balam, an ancient Mayan city whose name means “The city of the black jaguar” in the Mayan language. Only open to visitors since 2001, a highlight of this site is the Jaguar Altar which the Mayans believed was the entrance to the kingdom of the dead. The mystery of this altar remains and some scientists and historians still argue about its true origin and purpose.
After a swim in the crystal clear Ik Kil cenote, continue by private air-conditioned transport to Chichen Itza. This ancient Mayan city is home to architectural wonders including the Kukulkan Pyramid. Your private historian guide is there to help you understand the history, mysteries and legends of these sites and their original Mayan inhabitants. A traditional Mexican lunch rounds out the experience.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Bilingual historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or car depending on a number of people in a group
- Tips (optional)
MONUMENTO AL ALBAÑIL, Calle Prol. Av. Kabáh, 92, 77516 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Private tour gives you an advantage to be picked at the hotel or apartment you staying at. Please provide your accommodation details on making a reservation.
Every day at 7.00am
Explore the recently excavated ruins of Ek Balam, a Mayan city full of carvings, tombs, wall paintin...
This 5-hour tour fills your morning with two highlights of the Riviera Maya and returns to your hote...
Spend an amazing day visiting the archaeological zone of Tulum and living a unique experience in Xel...
Visit the rustic cenotes (sinkholes) of Homún on this private, full-day tour. During this one-of-a-k...
If you want to know the Mayan ruins of Tulum but avoid the heat and the crowds, take the best pictur...
On this tour you will learn about Mayan history, see the ancient lighthouse and climb the tallest py...
Visit the ancient Maya ruins of Chichen Itza, Coba, and Tulum during the 12-hour adventure. Cool off...
Enjoy this combo where you’ll get to know one of the 7 wonders of the world: Chichen Itza, and be in...
A chance to experience the world-famous aerial acrobatics of Cirque du Soleil – but with a Mexican t...
Exploring nature in Cancun Lagoon has never been so much fun. You'll ride over waves in style to pla...