Cape Town half day city tour
- Visit the South African Museum
- Discover the Bo-Kaap area, characterised by its multi-coloured cottages and steep cobbled streets
- Table Mountain Cable Car (optional)
To get a taste of the thriving center of the Mother City, in the shelter of Table Mountain, a Cape Town city tour is not to be missed. Here you will find a number of the Cape’s top attractions, from the imposing Castle of Good Hope to the colourful cottages of the Bo Kaap, the bustling Green Market Square, the South African Museum, the beautiful Company Gardens and plenty more to see. With an experienced and knowledgeable guide, and from the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle, you will be able to learn more about the Cape Town CBD and its surrounds, in a city tour that is sure to leave you with plenty of memories and photographs of this part of the Cape.
- The Castle of Good Hope, which stands proudly on the outskirts of the business district, was built between 1666 and 1679 by the Dutch East India Company (VOC). (15min)
- Tucked under the slopes of Signal Hill, the Bo Kaap is a fascinating and vibrant area that was somehow bypassed in the forced removal policies of the Apartheid.This area is characterised by its multi-coloured cottages and steep cobbled streets, as well as its exotic Malay culture. No tours in Cape Town would be complete without a visit to the Bo Kaap! (15min)
- For those who enjoy a sense of history, the South African Museum offers a look at life throughout the ages in South Africa. Many exhibits can be found here, and there is also a Planetarium situated within the building. The museum is situated in the Company Gardens, which holds the Seat of Parliament. Pristine lawns, shady paths, ornate fish ponds, statues of past leaders and plenty of curious squirrels are just a part of the Company Gardens’ charm. (20min)
- Other highlights that you can enjoy on a Cape city tour include a stop past the famous Blue Flag beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay.(15min)
- Signal Hill is a prominent landmark from which the historic noon gun is fired, and forms the “lion’s body” for the adjacent Lion’s Head mountaintop. Many family-friendly picnic spots on Signal Hill are favoured by tourists and locals all year round. (20min)
- Entrance fees to South African Museum
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Child (2-11): reduced
- Infant (0-1): free of charge
Cape Town, South Africa
Pick up and drop off from your hotel or guesthouse around Cape Town. At the time of booking you will be asked to provide a pick-up location among those provided.
- Important: Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- In case of non-presentation on the tours, full cancellation fees will apply
- You can cancel until 24 hours before your tour departure
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times
- Departure: 08:00am – 09:00am
- Return: 12:30pm
- Departure: 01:00pm – 02:00pm
- Return: 05:30pm
The drive through the city center will take you along famous landmarks, like the Castle of Good Hope...
Winelands Full Day VisitEnjoy three wine tastings at award-winning wine farms, accompanied by a chee...
Witness the majestic Southern Right whales that come to the Cape each season to breed and calve. The...
This circular tour takes you over a mountain pass to the seaside town of Hermanus. This town, nestle...
The day begins with a look at the picturesque Bo-Kaap, the historic area that became home to many Mu...
Setting off along the northern side of the peninsula, your guide will share his knowledge of the are...