To get a taste of the thriving center of the Mother City, in the shelter of Table Mountain, a Cape Town city tour is not to be missed. Here you will find a number of the Cape’s top attractions, from the imposing Castle of Good Hope to the colourful cottages of the Bo Kaap, the bustling Green Market Square, the South African Museum, the beautiful Company Gardens and plenty more to see. With an experienced and knowledgeable guide, and from the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle, you will be able to learn more about the Cape Town CBD and its surrounds, in a city tour that is sure to leave you with plenty of memories and photographs of this part of the Cape.
- The Castle of Good Hope, which stands proudly on the outskirts of the business district, was built between 1666 and 1679 by the Dutch East India Company (VOC). (15min)
- Tucked under the slopes of Signal Hill, the Bo Kaap is a fascinating and vibrant area that was somehow bypassed in the forced removal policies of the Apartheid.This area is characterised by its multi-coloured cottages and steep cobbled streets, as well as its exotic Malay culture. No tours in Cape Town would be complete without a visit to the Bo Kaap! (15min)
- For those who enjoy a sense of history, the South African Museum offers a look at life throughout the ages in South Africa. Many exhibits can be found here, and there is also a Planetarium situated within the building. The museum is situated in the Company Gardens, which holds the Seat of Parliament. Pristine lawns, shady paths, ornate fish ponds, statues of past leaders and plenty of curious squirrels are just a part of the Company Gardens’ charm. (20min)
- Other highlights that you can enjoy on a Cape city tour include a stop past the famous Blue Flag beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay.(15min)
- Signal Hill is a prominent landmark from which the historic noon gun is fired, and forms the “lion’s body” for the adjacent Lion’s Head mountaintop. Many family-friendly picnic spots on Signal Hill are favoured by tourists and locals all year round. (20min)