Full-day walk to freedom tour
- Visit the Bo-Kaap historic District 6 and Cape town's oldest township Langa
- Take a trip to Robben Island (weather permitting and permitting boat is in operation)
The day begins with a look at the picturesque Bo-Kaap, the historic area that became home to many Muslims and freed slaves after the abolition of slavery. Discover the unique culture, lifestyle and personality walking through the neighborhood. Continue to Zonnebloem, originally District Six, and visit the living museum (closed on Sundays). The district housed freed slaves, merchants and immigrants. You will then leave the city area and head to the Cape Flats, stopping in Langa Township’s Gugu S’Thebe Arts and Cultural Centre. Housed in a brightly colored building, the center is dedicated to the empowerment of the people of Langa and improving their socio-economic situation. Explore the local arts and crafts on display in the various studios, metal and pottery workshops, as well as the retail facility. Embark on a walking tour with a local registered guide providing the opportunity to be exposed to the community and lifestyle of Langa. Depart to Victoria & Alfred Waterfront for your trip to Robben Island (weather permitting and permitting the ferry is in operation). The excursion includes a return ferry trip across the bay, a guided coach tour of the island and a tour of the maximum-security prison where late former president, Nelson Mandela, was incarcerated. The tour will end with drop-off at your hotel in the early evening.
- Tour with an English speaking guide
- Entrance to District Six Museum (closed on Sundays), Gugu S'Thebe Arts and Cultural Centre, and Robben Island ferry tickets
- Lunch and all beverages
- Additional services
- Children 0-12
Pick-up available from:
- Oranjezicht/Gardens 7.30am
- Bantry Bay/Camps Bay 7.45am
- Waterfront/Sea Point 8.00am
- City Bowl/Foreshore 8.15am
Please note the pick-up time may slightly vary, subject to hotel collection route. Reconfirmation will be sent the night before.
- Please note that Robben Island excursion takes place in good weather conditions and if the ferry is operating. Also, the ferry 1.00pm tickets are strictly subject to availability at the time of booking; therefore, the provider will not be able to confirm Robben Island tour in case tickets should not be available. If Robben Island excursion will be canceled, the duration of the tour will be half-day and you will be reimbursed for this portion of the tour
- Comfortable shoes are highly recommended
- Some attractions may be closed on Sundays and Public Holidays. Alternative attractions and routes will be available
- Passport details are required to book the ticket and highly recommended for identification at the time of boarding the ferry
- As a courtesy, the supplier is able to provide child seats, if required. However, the supplier does prefer that guests supply and fit their own seats for children and infants. The supplier cannot be held responsible should the seats provided are not suitable to guests’ requirements
- Please pay attention to the cancellation policies written on the voucher
- Operates daily
- Blackout dates: December 25, 26 - January 01 - Easter Sunday
- Tour start time: 8.00am // the exact time depends on the pick-up location, please refer to the meeting point section and to the dropdown menu at the time of booking
- Tour duration time: 10 hours
The original food tour will introduce you to the flavors of Stellenbosch. Established in 1679, Stell...
The drive through the city center will take you along famous landmarks, like the Castle of Good Hope...
Winelands Full Day VisitEnjoy three wine tastings at award-winning wine farms, accompanied by a chee...
Witness the majestic Southern Right whales that come to the Cape each season to breed and calve. The...
This circular tour takes you over a mountain pass to the seaside town of Hermanus. This town, nestle...
Setting off along the northern side of the peninsula, your guide will share his knowledge of the are...