Half-day Cape Town and Table Mountain tour
- Explore the city center of Cape Town
- Enjoy the ride on the cable car towards Table Mountain
- Don't miss the incredible and breathtaking view of the city and ocean from the top of Table Mountain
The drive through the city center will take you along famous landmarks, like the Castle of Good Hope built in 1666 by the Dutch East India Company, the City Hall a large Edwardian building dating back to 1905, and the Grand Parade which is the main public square in Cape Town. Following the main road Adderley Street, you will see St. George's Cathedral, the Anglican Diocese of Nobel Peace Laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu. You will also pass by the Company Gardens and the Malay Quarter, also known as the Bo-Kaap that means Above Cape due to its location up against the slopes of the Table Mountain.
The locals settled in Cape Malay descend from the slavery trades happening in the early 18th century, the slaves were brought to Cape Town from Java, Ceylon and other far eastern regions. When slavery was abolished, their descendants settled there.
The tour continues exploring the craftsman skills of diamond cutting and jewelry manufacturing, discovering the history beyond the Diamond and Gold Trade in South Africa.
You will then keep going towards Table Mountain, going up on the revolving cable car, you will do this last bit on your own, reaching the top and enjoying the breathtaking view of the city and the ocean. On a clear day, you will also be able to see Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was kept in jail, and on the other side, you can spot Cape Point.
- Pick-up/drop-off service
- English/German speaking guide
- Tour on a luxury vehicle
- Entrance to Bo Kaap, Company Gardens, Castel of Good Hope (considering the time availability)
- Ticket for the Table Mountain cableway
- Additional services
- Children (2-11)
Pick-up service available from specific central business district Cape Town City Hotels: Southern Sun Waterfront, Southern Sun Cullinan, Southern Sun Cape Sun, Table Bay Hotel, Victoria and Alfred Hotel, One and Only Hotel, Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge, Protea Hotel Cape Castle, Protea Hotel Victoria Junction, Cape Grace Hotel, Commodore Hotel, Portswood Hotel, Westin Hotel, Cape Royal, Winchester Mansions, President Hotel, Premier Cape manor, Protea Hotel Sea Point, Mount Nelson Hotel, Queen Victoria Hotel, Cape Town Hollow, Hotel on St Georges, Radisson Blu Waterfront, Park Inn by Radisson – Foreshore, Icon Apartments, Bantry Bay Luxury Suites, Protea Hotel North Wharf, 15 on Orange
For the exact pick-up time please contact the partner (contacts available in the voucher received after the booking) a few days in advance). Please leave the necessary information when booking and carefully read the voucher you will receive after the booking.
- Please note that it is recommended to by the Table Mountain cable way tickets online, before starting the tour. This way you will avoid potential queues at the cableway station
- Going up to Table Mountain top depends on the weather conditions
- Children below two years old are not allowed on the tour
- Children of age 2-3 are required to sit in a car seat, which is subject to availability at the time of booking. Parents are welcome to bring their own car seat
- Operates Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
- Tour duration: approximately 4 and a half hours
- Tour starts at 8.00am
Experience a fun-filled evening of interactive entertainment and delicious food at the Gold restaura...
The original food tour will introduce you to the flavors of Stellenbosch. Established in 1679, Stell...
The valleys in South Africa are amongst the most famous for their crisp white and classic red wines,...
Winelands Full Day VisitEnjoy three wine tastings at award-winning wine farms, accompanied by a chee...
Witness the majestic Southern Right whales that come to the Cape each season to breed and calve. The...
This circular tour takes you over a mountain pass to the seaside town of Hermanus. This town, nestle...