Whale route full day tour
- Land-based whale watching
- Whale-watching boat trip (optional)
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- Feel the thrill of seeing wildlife up close
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- Make your friends back home envious with great photo ops
Witness the majestic Southern Right whales that come to the Cape each season to breed and calve. The best place to see these creatures is along the famous Whale Route, which spans along the coastline passing Gordon’s Bay, Pringle Bay and Betty’s Bay en route to Hermanus.
1. Fernkloof Nature Reserve & Harold Porter Botanical Gardens
Enjoy a visit to the beautiful Fernkloof Nature Reserve, which spans 2000 hectares of mountains and coastal fynbos as well as a huge number of birds and smaller mammals. The Harold Porter Botanical Gardens is another highlight for nature-lovers, while on weekdays and Saturdays, a trip through the Hamilton Russell Wine Estate offers a glimpse into Hermanus’ viticulture. (1h)
As one of the top destinations for whale-watching, Hermanus is perfectly positioned to offer the best viewing directly from the shore. You will be able to watch as these giants of the deep frolic in the waves and launch out of the water to breach.
Hermanus is the only town in the world that has a ‘whale crier’ officially on duty during the whaling season and this is a popular attraction on whale watching tours in this town. Stationed at a prime vantage point, the crier is able to spot whales and then sound his horn to let bystanders know that there are whales in the bay.
3. Whale Watching - The Southern Right Whale
An interesting trait that is unique to the Southern Right Whale is 'sailing' – the whales use their elevated flukes to catch the wind. This behaviour is thought to be a form of play and is commonly seen off the coast South Africa.
- Registered tour guide
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to Harold Porter Botanical Gardens
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Roundtrip transportation
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Boat trip
- Food and drinks
- Infant (0-1): free of charge
- Child (2-11): reduced
- Important: Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- In case of non-presentation on the tours, full cancellation fees will apply
- You can cancel until 24 hours before your tours
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times
- Please note that whale sightseeings are seasonal therefore this tour is only available from June to November
- Season: June to November
- Departure: 08:00am – 09:00am
- Return: 05:30pm
Experience a fun-filled evening of interactive entertainment and delicious food at the Gold restaura...
The original food tour will introduce you to the flavors of Stellenbosch. Established in 1679, Stell...
The drive through the city center will take you along famous landmarks, like the Castle of Good Hope...
Winelands Full Day VisitEnjoy three wine tastings at award-winning wine farms, accompanied by a chee...
This circular tour takes you over a mountain pass to the seaside town of Hermanus. This town, nestle...
The day begins with a look at the picturesque Bo-Kaap, the historic area that became home to many Mu...