- Embark on a memorable journey to Hermanus and charter a boat for an up close encounter with the majestic whales
- Capture once in a lifetime moments by getting as close to the whales as possible
- Explore the town of Hermanus and enjoy a wine tasting at one of the top wine estates in the Hemel-en-Aarde valley
You will be picked up at your hotel by your guide/driver and then set off along the road N2 towards Hermanus, passing through small towns like Grabouw and Elgin, referred to as the apple growing region of the Cape. Upon reaching the whale watching boat base in Hermanus, guests will receive a briefing by whale specialist site guides who will accompany them on the boat. After that you will set sail towards the southern right whales for an up close and personal encounter with these majestic creatures. Guests will spend 2 to 3 hours on the water. These whales, which equal in size up to ten African elephants, normally approach the boat to see what's going on, so you'll get a good view. Light refreshments are served on the boat and the accompanying site guide will ensure that you don't miss any photo opportunities. The site guide will also give the guests all the information they need to know about the whales. A translator is also on board.
After the private whale watching tour, guests will have the opportunity to explore the town of Hermanus, one of the most popular holiday destinations for the locals in Cape Town and South Africa. You will then journey to the beautiful Hemel-en-Aarde wine valley just behind Hermanus. The very popular Creation wine estate restaurant is ideal for a lunch overlooking the vineyards. Please advise if you wish to go here upon booking so that a reservation can be made for you. After the lunch you’ll stop at Newton-Johnson Family Vineyards for a wine tasting and in the late afternoon, we will return to your hotel with a stop at the Penguins colony at Stony Point in Betty's Bay.
- Entrance fees to whale watching boat trip and Stony Point Penguins colony
- Wine tasting fees at Newton-Johnson Family Vineyards
- Tour guide/driver, luxury vehicle, fuel and bottled water on board the vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
- Meals and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children ages 4-11: reduced
- Infants ages 0-3: free
Pick-up from your hotel in Cape Town is included. Please provide the name and address of your accommodation establishment.
- Please note that you will be transported to Hermanus in a private vehicle but once we reach the boat base you will join other people on the boat
- Participants over the age 12 pay adult price
- Pick-up will be at your accommodation at 6.45am
- Duration is approximately 9 hours
Experience the Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschhoek wine estates on this splendid route and enjoy lun...
Your eco tour boat trip from Knysna will highlight both the geological features and the biodiversity...
Explore the Okavango Delta in an African mokoro (canoe), enjoy the sights of wildlife in Chobe Natio...
You’ll have 11 magnificent days to explore the bustling city of Cape Town, hear the sound of water t...
Watch the history and culture of South Africa come to life on the thrilling Uthando Tour program! En...
Come enjoy detailed tour of the penguin preserve and experience the incredible charm of these rare a...