Eat the streets! Street-food tour in Catania
- Experience the streets like a local and get the best tips from your local guide
- Taste traditional food away from tourist traps
- Learn facts and stories not mentioned on guidebooks
- Experience the fish market
- Get your personal Food Passport
The authentic street food tour of Catania. A relaxing 3hr guided walk around the markets and back streets of the city center giving travelers the chance to taste the best local street food. The Catania Street Food Walking Tour has been designed with a specific purpose of giving travelers the chance to live a 100% Catanese Experience, No tourist traps!
The vibrant 2700-year-old city of Catania hides many unexpected flavors that you won’t find in restaurants nor mentioned on guidebooks! Our guides will unveil the street cuisine and its recipes. At the beginning of the walk, you will receive your personal Food Passport! After each sample, you will get a stamp on it! Some sample might be a little bit challenging...take at least one bite to gain your stamp!
Not only food! All our guides are regularly licensed as history guides. Along the way, you will have the chance to admire those fine monuments and elegant squares that make visitors fall in love with the city. Our guides will share with you historical facts in order to give a complete overview of local culture.
The Catania Street Food Walking Tour is better recommended as first activity in town. Our guides will share their best tips to make sure you don't fall in tourist traps! We run both morning and night tours. The highlight of the morning tour is the fish market (not to be missed!). However, Catania at night is quite special. When morning chaos is gone, the city dress up its alternative vest and street vendors light up tasty barbecues!
This is also the ideal shore excursion for cruisers giving them the chance to maximize their short stay and catch the real soul of Catania in few steps and few bites.
The meeting point is the main historical square of Catania, easily reachable from all sides of the city, including the port.
- street food samples of the day
- guiding service
- personal food passport (souvenir)
- extra foods or seconds
- pick up service
- Infants 0 to 5: free
- Children 6 to 11: reduced
Piazza Duomo, 4, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
Piazza Duomo, 4 at ATM Nuova Carige Bank, beside the Fountain
Accessibility: This tour is not suitable for:
- people with reduced mobility and standing tolerance
- travelers on wheelchair
- picky eaters
- gluten and dairy allergic
*Alternative samples are provided to vegetarians
Dressing. We recommend you:
- wear a sunhat
- wear comfy and covered walking shoes
- bring a bottle of water
Food info. Street food is:
- street food is about snacks such as delis and fritters and might include some "challenging" specialty like offals or horse meat
- street food is served at modest street stalls and deli shops (no fancy restaurants)
- amount of food offered on this tour normally replaces a full meal for most of travelers. However, since every traveler has his own eating capacity, we cannot guarantee that the amount of food will fill your belly as you want.
- the food passport is just a souvenir, not a contract with the traveler. Not all food printed on is available on a daily base.
Additional info. Please be aware that:
- there are few chances to sit along the walk. It's mostly standing and walking.
- we have a strict ten-minute-waiting policy
- meeting time: 10.30 am
- ending time: 1:30 pm
BLOCKOUT DATES: December 8th, 25th, 26th / January 1st, 6th / April 25th / May 1st / August from the 12th to the 17th
Walking tour through the bustling markets and historical squares of the city centre of Catania to ta...
Planeta brings together five estates with wineries located from west to east throughout Sicily. It i...
By joining this afternoon tour, the Sicilian sunset and the multi-coloured Etnean sky will become pe...
Spend a day around the zone of Mount Etna, immersed in nature away from the chaos and traffic of tra...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Catania ...