Etna: Tour from Catania with Hiking on the North-East Crater
- Enjoy a day of nature and sport in a magical place
- Taste local products and discover the Sicilian flavour
Activities aimed at hikers in good health conditions, an entire day of nature, pure trekking to reach the northeast side, lunar landscapes, luxuriant woods and breath-taking panoramas, volcanic caves to be safely explored and a delicious packed lunch with Sicilian flavours (not included in the fare) to be chosen in a farm, our guides will fascinate you by telling, during the itinerary, the mysterious volcanic phenomena.
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your accommodation place.
- A break in a farm which produces typical local products (cold cuts and cheeses of Etna and Nebrodi mountains). You will have the opportunity to taste local products and compose your packed lunch according to your personal taste.
- We go on towards the pine forest of Linguaglossa with our means of transport. You could admire a piece of tarmac of the old Mareneve route trapped into the solidified lava during the eruption in 2002/2003 (up to 1600 m. of altitude).
- We go on towards Piano Provenzana refuge (up to 1800 m.). This would be the last part of the itinerary to be reached on board of our vehicle.
- From this point on we start trekking (the complete duration of this itinerary on foot will last about 4 hours, round-trip). You will walk through the trail that leads to the North-East Crater. We will get up to 2000 metres to admire an amazing show among the lava flows of 1923 which formed the longest secondary crater volcanic chain of Etna and the new craters of 2002/2003 which destroyed Piano Provenzana.
- A short break to have the packed lunch immersed into a lunar landscape.
- We will climb the craters up to 2200 metres, where you will admire an amazing panorama of the Ionian coast.
- During the return trip we will stop to explore one of the volcanic caves of the Etna area.
- Pick-up and Drop-off at the accommodation of Catania
- Bilingual guide (English and Italian)
- Helmets and flashlights needed for the excursion
- Lunch / Dinner
Pick-up at the hotels in the area of Catania or starting at a meeting point: Q8 petrol station located at the exit of the ring road of Catania called Gravina (Address: Via Duca di Camastra, Gravina di Catania)
- Minimum 5 participants
- The activities are always accompanied by experienced guides and bilingual (Italian / English). On request you can book guides in French, German, Spanish, Russian or Japanese (surcharges may apply to ensure the services in these languages)
- All the activities are available even in winter, with snow, with the aid of snowshoes or crampons, weather permitting
Daily at 8:30 AM
Walking tour through the bustling markets and historical squares of the city centre of Catania to ta...
Planeta brings together five estates with wineries located from west to east throughout Sicily. It i...
During this half-day guided tour in a 4x4 jeep, you'll learn the history and the science behind the ...
By joining this afternoon tour, the Sicilian sunset and the multi-coloured Etnean sky will become pe...
Discover the most incredible hiking routes in Etna Park: walk across the chestnuts, poplars, birches...
With the Etna always in sight, you'll be taken to the beautiful town of Taormina where you'll stop i...