Chicago is famous for it's Deep Dish pizza and now you can learn how to make it!
Chicago is famous for its Deep Dish Pizza which was invented at Pizzeria Uno in Chicago, in 1943. One of the most controversial and hotly debated foods - who has the best deep dish, is it even pizza (it is!) - no one can deny how delicious it is!
What to expect:
• A step by step on making a deep dish pizza. We'll start with the dough and then I'll teach you the correct way
to layer it (there IS a wrong way).
• Host Kristina will also provide some Pabst Blue Ribbon (better known as PBR) - another Chicago classic!
• Finish up by enjoying your creations hot out of the oven
• This class is located in Chicago's beautiful neighborhood of Albany Park and is suitable for all skill levels
• Can cater to vegetarian options upon request
About your host Kristina:
“I grew up in the greater Chicagoland area with a Japanese mom and a dad from Texas so I grew up cooking and eating great food! I took my passion for cooking and made it to the top 100 on MasterChef season 5. Now I mostly cook for my husband and son - I love exposing kids to new flavors! I focus on fresh, in-season ingredients and love cooking Japanese and Southern foods. I'll use fresh veggies from my backyard garden and local CSA whenever possible!”
Eatwith is the world's largest community for culinary experiences with locals. Savor local food and enjoy dinner parties, cooking classes and more in beautiful homes and exclusive venues.
Enjoy some snacks while making your pizza
Deep Dish Pizza that you make
Customize your pizza with sausage, pepperoni, or various veggies.
PBR - a Chicago Classic