Misty steep roads, twisting through lush green blankets of tea bushes in a cool climate, you will be reminded that you are within the range of the renowned British colonial retreat, Nuwara Eliya, a.k.a Little England. In this tea hub of Sri Lanka that is augmented by an English countryside atmosphere, the city of light, and once governed by English and Scottish planters, Nuwara Eliya is still studded with colonial bungalows, hedgerows, and one of the finest 18-hole golf courses in the world. Visit a tea factory and enjoy breathtaking views of a buzzing countryside hamlet as you hike through the green grass and red-brick walls. Drive through green valleys of the hill country pierced by endless waterfalls and dotted by tea pluckers draped in bright-colored sarees. You also have the option to rent a bike for a gentle ride along the banks splashed by the waters of Lake Gregory.
Nuwara Eliya tea route day tour from Colombo
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 14 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Drive through green valleys of the hill country pierced by endless waterfalls
- Enjoy breathtaking views of a buzzing countryside hamlet as you hike through the green grass and red-brick walls
- Visit a tea factory and see the busy tea plucking ladies in their colorful outfits
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance fee to tea factory
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in an AC vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Driver guide
What's not included
- Boat and horse rides
- Children (age 3-11)
- Infants (age 0-2): free admission
Pick-up from your hotels in the Colombo city area. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, people with limited mobility, people with back problems, heart complaints, or other serious medical conditions
- Please bring your passport or ID card
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator prior to the tour. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking
- It is recommended to wear hiking shoes, sunglasses, and a sunhat
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Aitken Spence Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.