Polonnaruwa is the second most ancient city in Sri Lanka which has been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage site. In present day, this city remains as one of the best planned archaeological relic sites which are a great testimony to the discipline and greatness of the kingdom's first ruler. This ancient city was chosen as the backdrop to film some special scenes for the Duran Duran music video which was featured in the film Save a Prayer in 1982. Another unique thing about the city is The Toque Macaques, a golden-brown colored monkey or known as 'Rilawa' by the locals, which can be easily recognized as they have a toque-shaped swirl of hair on the top of its head.
Polonnaruwa ancient city tour from Colombo
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 16 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Enjoy an authentic Sri Lankan Lunch
- Visit an Ancient Sri Lanka city, Polonnaruwa
- See the unique golden-brown colored monkey, Toque Macaques
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in an AC vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Driver guide
- Children (age 3-11)
- Infants (age 0-2): free admission
Pick-up from your hotels in the Colombo city area. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, people with limited mobility, people with back problems, heart complaints, or other serious medical conditions
- Please bring your passport or ID card
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator prior to the tour. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, sunglasses, and a sunhat
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Aitken Spence Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.