Start your tour at the Kingdom of Dambadeniya, the capital of the Kingdom of Sri Lanka in the mid-13th century. During this time, the king of the Dambadeniya dynasty, Vijayabahu, fought against the invaders by building fortifications, strong walls, and gates on the summit of Dambadeniya Rock. After exploring around the Dambadeniya kingdom, you will visit Yapahuwa, the new capital of Sri Lanka at the end of the 13th century, where you will enjoy views from Yapahuwa Rock fortress. After that, you will have lunch before ending your journey by exploring the ancient kingdoms of Panduwasnuwara, the first man-made great reservoir in the world.
Yapahuwa, Dambadeniya, and Panduwasnuwara ancient kingdoms tour from Colombo
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 13 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Visit Dambadeniya Rock Fortress a palace and military center to protect against foreign invaders.
- Enjoy the views from Yapahuwa Rock fortress
- Explore the ancient kingdoms of Panduwasnuwara
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour
- Entrance fees to sites
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (age 3-11)
Pick-up from your hotels in Colombo or Peradeniya. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- This hike is considered moderate in difficulty so it’s highly recommended for you to be in a good physical condition
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, people with limited mobility, back problems, heart complaints, or other serious medical conditions
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator prior to the tour. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking
- It is recommended to bring your water bottle, wear comfortable clothing that covers your shoulder and legs, hiking shoes, sunglasses, and a sunhat
- Please note that breakfast is not included on this trip. It is advised that you eat breakfast before you are being picked up, or packed food to eat en route
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Aitken Spence Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.