DO THIS BECAUSE...
- Learn the seedy history of Vesterbro and wander streets once frequented by shady locals and travellers
- Visit some of Copenhagen’s best pubs and beer bars and taste local craft brews
- Chat with locals over a few beers and get a true sense of what life is like in the most livable city in the world
- Experience the city’s meatpacking district that has one function by day — and totally another by night
WHAT TO EXPECT
It's no surprise that Vesterbro not only was, but still is, the centre of street prostitution in Denmark.
The tour starts at the city’s central station before venturing into what used to be the roughest neighborhood in town. This was the world’s most famous red light district in the 1960s when Denmark was the first country to legalize porn.
We’ll start the tour with a visit to one of the few bars still standing, that has not been completely overrun by newcomers to the area. From there, we will make our way up Istedgade and you’ll hear stories of the Vesterbro of yesteryear. We’ll then stop at a place that’s a new take on the classic Danish bodega. Run by three friends and selling beer from a great brewery, it’s a local favorite with stories to share.
We’ll then wander the backstreets before reaching Sønder Boulevard, where we’ll do as the locals do and get a drink at a popular meeting point before reaching Kødbyen, Copenhagen’s old meatpacking district.
The tour ends at one of the newest additions to the Copenhagen bar scene — a Danish-Texan brew pub and restaurant that’s making a name for itself around the world. Stay as long as you like, or, if you feel like exploring further, your guide will be happy to share dinner recommendations — there are many excellent places just around the corner.
- 4 beer tastings
WHAT TO REMEMBER
- Once you receive your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point
- Children (6-11 years old) are allowed on this tour
- Children under 6 years of age are not allowed on this tour
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Copenhagen: discover all activities