Explore Jordan’s biblical and early medieval history on this private 8-hour trip from Dead Sea to Madaba, Mt. Nebo and Mukawir. Admire the 6th-century Mosaic Map at Madaba and visit Mt. Nebo, where Moses is said to have died. Plus, explore Mukawir, Herod the Great’s hilltop fortress where it’s thought John the Baptist was beheaded.
Excursions & day trips
Private Christian tour of Madaba, Mount Nebo and Mukawer from the Dead Sea
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 8 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- See the 6th-century Mosaic Map at St. George’s Church in Madaba
- Visit Mt. Nebo, where Moses is thought to have seen the Promised Land before he died
- View the floor mosaics on show at Mt. Nebo church
- Stroll around the ancient hilltop fortress of Muwakir, where it’s believed John the Baptist was beheaded
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Professional driver
- Entrance Fees to Madaba Saint George Church, Mount Nebo and Machaerus Fortress
- Local English-Speaking Guide at Madaba Saint George Church
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
You will be picked up from your accomodation in the Dead Sea. Please call the local operator to confirm your pick-up details. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring hats, sun screen and comfortable walking shoes
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Pick-up starts around 8.30am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.