Extend your heritage experience with an overnight desert safari camping experience.Take a step back in time and experience Dubai as it was 50 years ago. Your professional conservation guide will escort you on a stunning journey in a museum quality 1950s Land Rover. No other vehicle offers a more authentic desert experience to spot exotic local wildlife within the pristine Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. Watch the sun drop under the horizon as you watch a falcon soar around you. The bedouin camp, lit with the gentle flames of traditional lamps is nestled inside a private royal desert retreat. As our guest, we will demonstrate cultural activities such as henna, music, dance, bread making and Arabic coffee making before enjoying a delicious dinner under the stars. After dinner, you will relax beside a bonfire and enjoy the star filled night sky. Your camp site is inside a traditional Arabic stone dwelling complete with bedding. In the morning, awake to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and a freshly cooked breakfast.
Day trips & excursions
Overnight desert safari
Duration: 18 hours
Printed ticket only
Do this because
- Embark on a wildlife drive through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show in the sand dunes
- Discover traditional henna tattoos, live bread-making, Arabic coffee-making, camel rides and aromatic shisha pipes
- Enjoy cultural Emirati entertainment performances such as drumming and Yola
- Sleep in a traditional Arabic stone dwelling with mattress and bedding
What to expect
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert
- Breakfast includes smoked salmon, cold meats, eggs, caviar, fruit, bread, tea and coffee and more
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each guest to keep and a Sheila or Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home
- Arabic stone rooms and bedding (mattress, sheets, blankets and pillows) are included
- Children from 5 to 11 years old
You will find the local operator's details in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 2.30pm and 4.30pm in a shared air-conditioned vehicle depending on the season/sunset
- Return to the hotel between 9.00am and 10.00am the next day
- Please contact the local operator after booking to confirm your pick-up details. You will find the details in the voucher after booking
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, it is recommend that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable cool clothes. When staying overnight, it is recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset
- Vegetarian and vegan meal options can be provided, if needed please confirm at check-out
- The desert safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation Guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates. A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai. The following languages are on request and subject to availability (French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, Russian)
- Please be advised that in some cases henna application can cause skin irritation and rashes. We strongly advise you to check all side effects prior to application
- The pick-up from your hotel in Dubai only will start at 2.30pm according to your pick-up location
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.