- Explore the new underground stations and their artistic design
- German-speaking tour with a guide
One of the main attractions of the city of Düsseldorf is the new Wehrhahn line. The design concept for the six underground stations was developed and realized by the netzwerkarchitekten Darmstadt and the artists Heike Klussmann (Pempelforter Straße), Ursula Damm (Schadowstraße), Ralf Brög (Heinrich-Heine-Allee), Thomas Stricker (Benrather Straße), Manuel Franke (Graf-Adolf-Platz) and Enne Haehnle (Kirchplatz) together with the engineers.
Each station has an individual character, which has painterly, sculptural, interactive, tonal or geometric qualities. The route itself was realized as an underground space continuum, similar to a snake that expands at each station.
"Art and Magic in a German Metro" is how the New York Times describes this spectacular subway line.
In September 2017, the Wehrhahn line was awarded the "Coda Award", a prize for art and design objects, in the "Transport" category.
These six new underground stations are served by the subway: Pempelforter Strasse/Schadowstrasse/Heinrich-Heine-Allee/Benrather Strasse/Graf-Adolf-Platz/Kirchplatz (last stop).
- 90-minute guided tour with city guide
- Subway ticket (price level A)
- Children (6-13 years): reduced
- Children (0-5 years): free of charge
Am Wehrhahn 40, 40211 Düsseldorf, Germany
- Please exchange your printed voucher at one of the tourist information offices
- Tourist information at the main station
- Immermannstraße 65 b
- Opening hours: Monday - Friday: 9.30am - 7.00pm, Saturday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Tourist Information Old Town
- Marktstraße/Ecke Rheinstraße
- Opening hours: Monday - Sunday: 10.00am - 6.00pm
- Note: Participants need an underground ticket for the guided tour (price level A)
- Please remember to redeem your printed voucher at one of the tourist information offices before you arrive at the meeting point of the tour
- Saturdays and Sundays at 11.00am all year round
Action-packed adventures, even more exciting and explosive than any blockbusters - this is Movie Par...
The "longest bar in the world" awaits you - and much more. Düsseldorf's Old Town has over 260 bars, ...
Explore Düsseldorf without getting footsore on your Segway!This 120 minute City-Tour through Düsseld...
During Advent we invite you to an atmospheric stroll through the sea of lights of Düsseldorf's Chris...
The former imperial city Kaiserswerth, today one of the most beautiful districts of Düsseldorf, is t...
Die kulinarische Altstadttour durch Düsseldorf mit den besten Restaurants in unserer Landeshauptstad...