Full day excursion to Anakena Beach and the lost culture of Rapa Nui
- Visit the Ahu Vaihu, a temple located 10 km from Hanga Roa composed of a well-worked stone platform where 8 Pukaos and 8 Moais are scattered nearby
- Know the Rano Raraku volcanic crater formed of consolidated volcanic ash
- Ahu Tongariki the most surprising ahu on the island
- Relax at Anakena beach with its white sand and warm waters
Your tour starts with a visit to the Ahu Vaihu and Akahanga, a set of temples formed by platforms of stone altars where Moais (huge monolithic figures carved of volcanic stone) and Pukaos (the hats or topknots formerly placed on top of some Moai statues) are assembled together.
Continuing your trip, you will go to Rano Raraku, a volcanic crater formed of consolidated ash, which also contains a lagoon. The volcano has a historical significance for the island, because on its slopes the Moais were carved. Currently, there remain 397 of these impressive sculptures. Then you will visit the most surprising Ahu, a ceremonial platform, on the island where you will discover Ahu Tongariki, which has got 15 huge Moais. Finally, we will finish our day in the beautiful setting of Anakena.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Hanga Roa hotels
- Bilingual guide (English or Spanish)
- Packed lunch
- Passenger transport insurance
- Rapa Nui National Park entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
During checkout, you will be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel in Hanga Roa for pick-up.
- Entrance fee to Rapa Nui National Park are not included, this ticket is required to visit the Park
- Bring a towel, use sunblock, sunglasses, swimsuit, waterproof walking shoes (winter) and camera
Let us introduce you to the mysteries of Easter Island...Departing from Hanga Roa, this tour will ta...
After visiting the beautiful Easter Island with the unique landscape that has to offer to all their ...
After your arrival at Easter Island, this transfer service will give you a special welcome that will...
Depart from your hotel in Easter Island to the dock from where you will board the boat that will tak...
Learn how to surf is an experience on its own, but to do it in Rapa Nui is unforgettable. Our travel...
Departure from your hotel at Easter Island to Ahu Akivi, one of the few platforms on the island wher...