Half day excursion of Orongo and Tangata Manu Ceremonial
- Walk through Vinapu sector an archaeological site
- Visit Ana Kai Tangata Cave
- See the Rano Kau Volcano
- Know the Ceremonial village of Orongo, where the bird man ceremony was held
Departure from your hotel towards the Cave Ana Kai Tangata, where in one of its walls, birds are drawn in a stylized painting, representing Manutara (sea swallows) and whose precious egg was the centre of the annual birdman competition.
Later visit the Vinapu sector, an archaeological site which is characterized by its large balsato tiles made to fit carefully in a similar way to Inca constructions of Cuzco, then continue to Rano Kau, a place where you will find a lake with small islands of reeds and lush vegetation and microfauna. Orongo ceremonial village where the ceremony of the Bird Man competition was performed. The Bird Man was appointed by the king and would be the spiritual and political leader during a period of one year. The sacred character is represented as a human shrunken body with a large beak and is sculpted in many engraved stones. You will then be returned to your hotel at Easter Island.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Hanga Roa hotels
- Bilingual guide (English or Spanish)
- Passenger transport insurance
- Rapa Nui National Park entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
During checkout, you will be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel in Hanga Roa for pick-up.
- Entrance fee to Rapa Nui National Park is not included, this ticket is required to visit the park
- It is recommended to wear raincoat (winter), appropriate footwear for walking, sunscreen, water and comfortable clothes
Come and live a traditional Rapa Nui (on Easter Island), experience the cuisine by tasting Umu Pae (...
Discover the mysteries of Easter Island! Departing from Hanga Roa, this tour will take you to visit ...
Let us introduce you to the mysteries of Easter Island...Departing from Hanga Roa, this tour will ta...
After visiting the beautiful Easter Island with the unique landscape that has to offer to all their ...
After your arrival at Easter Island, this transfer service will give you a special welcome that will...
Departure from your hotel in Santiago to begin the journey towards the city centre, where you will k...