Explore the castles of the rugged 'Viking Coast' within Berwickshire and Northumberland as you cross the border between Scotland and England. There, you'll step back in time at the spectacular Alnwick Castle (the real Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!) before enjoying the beautiful rolling hills of Sir Walter Scott's Borders countryside. With the help of your guide, you'll delve into Scotland's history with tales of Rober the Bruce, the 'Outlaw King' and more. Whether you're a Potter-head or a history buffs, this is the perfect chance to explore Scotland and the north of England!
What to expect
Ask a question
1-day Alnwick Castle, Northumberland and Scottish Borders tour
Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
Duration: 11 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
What to expect
- Children (7-17 years old): Reduced
- Students: Reduced
304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS, UK
Please check in for your tour at the bus stop located outside the Deacon’s House Cafe.
What to remember
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- As there are opportunities to take short nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear
- Service animals are permitted on this tour. If a service animal is required, please contact the tour provider directly to discuss how to best accommodate your needs
- There is a minimum of 5 passengers needed for this tour to go ahead
- Children aged 7 and under are not permitted on this tour. Children over 7 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour runs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
- It departs at 8.00am
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour's departure
- The tour will return at around 6.30pm
The Hairy Coo
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 3 jours before the activity begins.