Doomed, Dead & Buried evening walking tour of Edinburgh
- Explore the Blair Street Underground Vaults and the Canongate graveyard
- Enjoy an Edinburgh ghost tour in a small group
- Delve into the terror of the city’s gruesome past
Explore the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults with access no other tour company can offer, then head to the Canongate graveyard, where the spirits of the dead await.
It might be something to do with the change in temperature. Or the perpetual darkness. Or the ever smaller rooms, stretching beyond the weak beam of a torch. Whatever the reason, there’s something unsettling about the Blair Street Underground Vaults – and your expert guide will reveal the troubling tales on this evening walking tour.
A walk along dim streets to the Canongate graveyard will bring you to the resting place of the city’s most famous figures: Adam Smith, the father of economics; David Rizzio, the lover of Mary Queen of Scots; and James Douglas, 3rd Marquess of Queensberry – the infamous cannibal of the Canongate. On this ghost tour you’ll enjoy plenty of tales of dastardly deeds and ghostly sightings in the atmospheric locations.
- Tour with expert guide
- Children (5-15 years old)
- Seniors (60+)
- Students with valid ID
- Family tickets (2 adults, 2 children)
Mercat Cross, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom
The Mercat Cross is an 8 sided monument situated on the Royal Mile. The tour departs from right in front of it
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15minutes before the beginning of your tour
- Tour ends: Canongate Graveyard, 153 Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8BN
- Family tickets cover 2 adults and 2 children between 5 and 15 years old
- Concession tickets apply to seniors and students, with a valid ID
- Children over 5 years of age are welcome – but you’ll need to judge if they’re up to it!
- Sensible walking shoes are advised
- Tour departs at 7.30pm and 8.30pm daily from April to October
- Tour departs at 8.30pm daily from November to March
- Tour lasts about 1h45
This tour is all about Fife, and to get there you will cross the Firth of Forth - the perfect chance...
Once you leave Edinburgh, your driver will take you through Scotland's bustling central belt to see ...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
Lochs, Castles and Distilleries are three things that most visitors find synonymous with Scotland. I...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...
For Harry Potter fans, train enthusiasts and those who like to see Scotland in classical style this ...