Edinburgh Outlander Experience walking tour
- Explore the Jacobite Edinburgh of the Outlander novels, with your expert guide
- See Canongate Kirk, the Tolbooth Jail, World’s End Tavern and the 18th century taverns still open today
- Hear stories of witchcraft, the Jacobites, Royal Stuarts, curses, and clans
- Visit Edinburgh locations used in the filming of Outlander TV Series
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by a cheering crowd, 20,000 strong. Amid the chaos of rebellion, we find Claire and Jamie, two characters entwined in a story that spans centuries.
Tracing the real events that inspired Diana Gabaldon’s acclaimed novels, this walking tour captures the spirit of the Jacobite rebellion in Edinburgh – the Redcoats, the Highlanders and the smell of gunpowder in the air. Your expert tour guide will take you deep into the Old Town, to the places where history was made: Tolbooth Jail, Canongate Kirkyard and the World’s End Tavern. You will visit some of the sites familiar in Dragonfly in Amber and Voyager and you will hear Diana Gabaldon’s descriptions of Jamie and Claire’s experiences in this historic capital city. If Edinburgh is the setting for the second Outlander novel, you’re going behind the scenes.
- Walking tour with professional guide
- Children (5-15 years old)
- Seniors (60+)
- Students with valid ID
Mercat Cross, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom
The Mercat Cross is an 8 sided monument situated on the Royal Mile. The tour departs from right in front of it
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15minutes before the beginning of your tour
- Tour ends: Holyrood Palace, Canongate
- Children over five years of age are welcome
- Sensible walking shoes are advised
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
Departing Edinburgh, you will travel westwards for your first stop of the day at the bonnie banks of...
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? Are you fascinated by the mystical folk...
Once you leave Edinburgh, your driver will take you through Scotland's bustling central belt to see ...
Lochs, Castles and Distilleries are three things that most visitors find synonymous with Scotland. I...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...