Edinburgh walking tour with optional Edinburgh Castle skip-the-line tickets and guide
- Discover the secrets and stories of Edinburgh’s Old Town
- Learn about royalty, writers, philosophers – and everyday Edinburgh folk
- Skip the line at Edinburgh Castle, and get a guided tour (optional)
Discover an Edinburgh beyond the reach of tour buses and guidebooks. Your expert guide will take you on a 1hour 30mins walking tour to all the places where history was made – the wynds, closes, courtyards and homes of Edinburgh’s Old Town. You’ll be hanging on your tour guide’s every word, as the true stories of the capital’s past unfold.
The characters? Think Mary Queen of Scots, David Hume, Adam Smith and Robert Burns. But you’ll go far beyond the well-known facts and faces – uncovering another side of the city, and Scotland’s past. From crime and culture to politics and everyday events, all Edinburgh life is here – expertly told by your guide.
Next, you have the option to head to Edinburgh Castle. The castle dominates Scotland’s capital city from its great rock. Battles and sieges were fought over it, royalty lived and died within its walls, and countless generations have been inspired by it. Visit the castle with your guide, and you’ll walk straight over the drawbridge, and straight past the ticket line – to continue your history tour with a guided visit. The full walking tour of Edinburgh, including Edinburgh Castle, takes 2 hours and 15 minutes – simply choose this option when you book.
- 1h30 walking tour of Edinburgh with expert guide
- Skip-the line ticket for Edinburgh Castle and 45mins guided tour (optional)
- Children (5-15 years old)
- Seniors (60+)
- Students with valid ID
Mercat Cross, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom
The Mercat Cross is an 8 sided monument situated on the Royal Mile. The tour departs from right in front of it
- Please note: Edinburgh Castle do not admit visitors with bags larger than a 25litre capacity
- Children over 5 years of age are very welcome!
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15minutes before the beginning of your tour
- Both mobile and printed vouchers are accepted, and must be shown to your guide on the day of your tour
- Tour ends: Edinburgh Castle esplanade, Castlehill
- Sensible walking shoes are advised
- Not for resale
- Tour with Edinburgh Castle skip-the-line ticket and guide option: daily, at 10.00am and 1.00pm
- Walking tour of Edinburgh: daily, at 10.00am,1.00pm and 3.00pm
- Walking tour lasts 1h 30mins
- Tour including Edinburgh Castle visit lasts 2h 15mins
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15mins before the tour begins
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
This tour is all about Fife, and to get there you will cross the Firth of Forth - the perfect chance...
Once you leave Edinburgh, your driver will take you through Scotland's bustling central belt to see ...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
Explore the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults with access no other tour company can offer, the...
Discover the story of Scotland through its capital city and the National Museum. You will see the pl...