Royal Edinburgh Experience walking tour with optional Palace of Holyroodhouse entry
- Journey through the ancient, picturesque burgh of the Canongate
- Meander through beautiful, hidden closes and gardens
- Explore Holyrood Palace, Her Majesty The Queen's official residence in Scotland (optional)
- Hear tales of past royal residents including Mary, Queen of Scots
Uncover a path to the palace that escapes the notice of history books and bus tours. As you walk down the quiet closes of the Royal Mile your expert tour guide will show you a different side of the royal city – in rich, engaging detail. Here, rebellious Jacobites clattered over the cobbles, led by a proud Bonnie Prince Charlie. And the sickly poet, Robert Fergusson, forever immortalised on the Royal Mile and inspiration to renowned Robert Burns. In the hands of your gifted storyteller on this walking tour, you’ll find that romance and intrigue are everywhere – in the architecture, literature, crime and politics, on the very doorstep of the Queen’s Palace.
After the Canongate, your guide will introduce the glorious Palace of Holyroodhouse – which you’ll explore in your own time (optional extra to be chosen at checkout). You’ll find 14 magnificent state apartments, as well as the romantic ruins of the 12th century Holyrood Abbey.The palace was the setting for many dramatic episodes in the short reign of Mary, Queen of Scots – and Her Majesty The Queen still makes use of the State Apartments for royal ceremonies.
- Tour with expert guide
- Entrance to Palace of Holyroodhouse (optional)
- Children (5-15 years old)
- Seniors (60+)
- Students with valid ID
- Family tickets (2 adults, 2 children)
Mercat Cross, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom
The Mercat Cross is an 8 sided monument situated on the Royal Mile. The tour departs from right in front of it
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15minutes before the beginning of your tour
- Tour ends: Palace of Holyroodhouse, Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8DX
- Family tickets cover 2 adults and 2 children between 5 and 15 years old
- Concession tickets apply to seniors and students, with a valid ID
- Children over five years of age are very welcome
- Sensible walking shoes are advised
- Tour departs at 11am daily, year-round
- Tour lasts about 1h30
- Tour lasts about 1h45 for those with the Palace of Holyroodhouse option. The tour of the castle will be done without a guide, but you will be accompanied to the palace
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
This tour is all about Fife, and to get there you will cross the Firth of Forth - the perfect chance...
Once you leave Edinburgh, your driver will take you through Scotland's bustling central belt to see ...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
Explore the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults with access no other tour company can offer, the...
Discover the story of Scotland through its capital city and the National Museum. You will see the pl...