Tour of Alnwick Castle and the Scottish Borders
- Visit Melrose Abbey, the resting place of Scottish kings
- Explore Alnwick Castle, the stunning castle & gardens from Harry Potter
- Walk around the beautiful coastal town of North Berwick
- Travel aboard a luxury mini-coach
The tour starts with a drive through the beautiful landscape of the Scottish Borders, the southern part of the country with its picturesque towns and villages. This is also the region where Sir Walter Scott lived, he now rests in Dryburgh Abbey, not far away from Melrose where the first stop of our tour will be.
In Melrose you have the chance to visit Melrose Abbey, widely regarded as one of the most beautiful ruins in Europe. Robert the Bruce’s heart is thought to be buried here.
The next stop and star attraction of the tour is Alnwick Castle. Here you will have free time to explore the castle and the gardens. As the seat of the Duke of Northumberland, this is the second largest inhabited castle in England and has been lived in for over 700 years. It is full of fascinating things to see and mysteries to uncover. While you walk around the castle you may recognise it from some of the Harry Potter films, or Downton Abbey. You can even take part in a broomstick training session on the very spot where Harry had his first flying lesson!
The road home takes you up the stunning east coast; There will be stops at North Berwick, with its picturesque red sandstone harbour and views to the islands, and at the world-famous Bass Rock. You’ll have time for a walk on the beach or perhaps a quick visit to the renowned Scottish Seabird Centre.
- Professional driver-guide
- Transportation on a mini-coach with air-conditioning
- Entrance fee to Melrose Abbey and Alnwick Castle
- Children aged 3-15 years
- Adults over 60 years
- Students (with ID)
1 Parliament SquareRoyal Mile/High StreetEdinburgh EH1 1RE
In front of Caffè Nero
- Entrance to Melrose Abbey can be purchased on site. Please check the official website for opening hours.
- Adult (16 - 59 yrs): £6.00
- Child (5 - 15 yrs): £3.60
- Children under 5 years old: free
- Concession: £4.80
- Entrance to Alnwick Castle and gardens can be purchased on site. Please check the official website for opening hours.
- Adult (16 - 59 yrs): £23.55
- Concession (60 yrs+ and unemployed): £20.00
- Children (5-16 yrs): £10
- Children under 5 years old: free
- As you will travel in mini-coaches, luggage space is limited. You can bring one cabin sized piece of luggage, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, which cannot exceed 15kg, to be stored in the boot of the bus and one small handbag or rucksack to have on the bus with you
- This tour does not accept children under the age of 3
- Every Monday, Tuesday and Saturday year round
- Departs from meeting point at 09.00am (check in 08.45am)
- Return to meeting point around 07.30pm
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
This tour is all about Fife, and to get there you will cross the Firth of Forth - the perfect chance...
Once you leave Edinburgh, your driver will take you through Scotland's bustling central belt to see ...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
Explore the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults with access no other tour company can offer, the...
Discover the story of Scotland through its capital city and the National Museum. You will see the pl...