Tour of Rosslyn Chapel, Stirling Castle and Dunfermline Abbey
- Visit Dunfermline Abbey, the resting place of Robert the Bruce
- Explore the magnificent Stirling castle or wander the historic city
- See the mysterious Rosslyn Chapel made famous by The Da Vinci Code
This tour brings Scotland’s medieval history to life. Starting with a more modern marvel, you will visit the Forth Railway Bridge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. As you cross into Fife, your guide will tell you about the heroes of Scotland’s past who battled in this ancient kingdom.
Your first stop will be the town of Dunfermline where you'll have the chance to visit the beautiful Dunfermline Abbey and the Abbey Church. The nave is the final resting place of Robert the Bruce, who battled for Scotland’s right to be a nation.
You will then make a stop in the city of Stirling, where you’ll have ample time to stroll through the ancient streets that make up the old town. Alternatively, you can take this time to visit one of the most important castles in Scottish history, Stirling Castle. From here, you will head to Bannockburn, the battlefield where Robert the Bruce defeated the English in 1314. Time permitting, there will be a quick stop to view the statue of Robert the Bruce on his horse.
The tour will finish with one of the most iconic historical mysteries at Rosslyn Chapel, made famous with Dan Brown’s novel the Da Vinci Code. Is this the resting place of the Holy Grail? No one really knows, but you’ll love the chapel and the beautiful walk through Roslin Glen to the ruins of the castle.
- Professional driver-guide
- Transportation on a mini-coach with air-conditioning
- Entrance fee to Sterling Castle, Rosslyn Chapel and Dunfermline Abbey
- Children (3-15 years): reduced
- Adults (65+ years): reduced
- Students (with valid ID): reduced
1 Parliament Square
Royal Mile/High Street
Edinburgh EH1 1RE
Please meet your tour in front of Caffè Nero in Parliament Square.
- Entrance to Sterling Castle can be purchased on their official site
- Entrance to Durfermline Abbey can be purchased on their official site
- As you will travel in mini-coaches, luggage space is limited. You can bring one cabin sized piece of luggage, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, which cannot exceed 15kg, to be stored in the boot of the bus and one small handbag or rucksack to have on the bus with you
- This tour does not accept children under the age of 3
- If you have any mobility requirements, please notify us of this at the point of booking
- The tour is available on select Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays through the year
- Departs from meeting point at 9.00am (check in 8.45am)
- Return to meeting point around 5.30pm
Enjoy roundtrip transportation to the famous Royal Braemar Highland Gathering and receive guaranteed...
Departing from Edinburgh, this tour will travel north-west, venturing to Midhope Castle which is als...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
You'll follow in the footsteps of Scotland's greatest legends Rob Roy and William Wallace, discover ...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...
If you want to discover Edinburgh's coast, then this is the tour for you. You'll kick off your tour ...