Petra and Cairo 3-day tour from Eilat
- Explore Petra and the Treasury Tombs
- Visit the Crypts at the Cairo Egyptian Museum and marvel at the pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular Sphinx and the Sakkara Valley
Petra was left by the Nabateans thousands of years ago. In ancient times Petra was a sanctuary or a refuge. Get your first look at the Treasury by entering through a crack in the mountains called the Siq. The Treasury is what gave Petra its status as being one of the seven wonders of the world. There is an amphitheater that used to seat over 4000 people, and there are tombs that are visible in between the seating. There are over 800 statues, temples, facades, and more.
Cairo is the most populated city in Egypt and the Middle East. With the most abundant collection of masks, coins, and artifacts, the Egyptian Museum is the most famous, and people come from all over the world to tour the museum. The pyramids are said to be built by slaves in Egypt to house the dead pharaohs. They built many passageways and rooms to try and fool the graverobbers. The sphinx is one of the larget statues in the world, and it is suppose to depict one of the pharaohs.
Sakaara Valley is site of one of the oldest pyramids the Djoser or Step Pyramid. There are may pyramids to view, the city is considered to be a vast burial ground, that is very ancient.
You will start the tour at 8.00am from the city of Eilat with a direct pick-up. You will then continue to the Arava Border and pass the border to the Jordan side where a representative will meet you. You will continue with a drive to the Petra site (approximately 3 hours). Tour Petra with your guide and visit the famous Treasury, the amphitheater, and much more. After visiting Petra you will have lunch at a local restaurant. Next you will enjoy a sightseeing tour in Aqaba and return to Israel.
Estimated time of return to Eilat is 19:00. After returning to Eilat you will have a rest time until your departure at midnight and start your Cairo tour. You will take a drive to the Taba border of Egypt and cross over to make your way for Cairo (approximately a 5-hour drive).
You will start the tour with the pyramids, the sphinx, the market and the museum. Next, you will eat lunch and go to the hotel for dinner and an overnight in a 4-star hotel. There is an option to do a cruise on the Nile at your own expense.
You will start your day with breakfast at the hotel and then travel through Cairo to the Sakkara Valley and the old city of Cairo. After lunch you will go back to the Taba border crossing to Eilat.
- Roundtrip transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided tour
- Entrance fees
- One-night stay in a 4-star hotel
- Departure tax
- Visa fee
- Single supplement (optional)
- Private insurance
- Children (4-12): reduced
- Infants (0-3): reduced
- Minimum of three participants for tour to operate
- If less than two people per booking, there is a single supplement fee, please choose the "Adult- Single" ticket option to avoid any extra fees upon arrival
- It is required to have a valid passport and landing card with you
- It is advised that you have cash available for border fees and tips
- Please provide nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date and birth date when you make your booking
- Good walking shoes is recommended
- No food or drink (water included) is allowed when crossing into Jordan
- Personal insurance is not included
- Please note: no insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal
- Pick-up from Eilat at 8.20am
You will begin your adventure to Petra from your hotel in Eilat. Your driver will guide you to the J...
On this two day tour you will discover the incredible desert city of Petra, one of the eight wonders...
On this two day tour of Petra you will discover the historical and archaeological splendor of one of...
By combining 'old' practices with modern techniques and a vision of economic enterprise, Arabs and J...
The tour starts with pick up from your hotel in Eilat at 5:45am and heading north through the Negev ...
This Dead Sea transfer will take your from the Red Sea to the Dead Sea. Found at the lowest place on...