Accademia Gallery and the David weekend tour
- Skip the line to admire the magnificent David by Michelangelo
- See the Medici family's collection of musical instruments
- Observe the Four Prisoners and San Matteo by Michelangelo
- See the plasters of the sculptor Lorenzo Bartolini
The Accademia Gallery is one of the most visited museums in the world because of the magnificent David by Michelangelo Buonarroti. Your tour will start with a quick visit of the section dedicated to the Medici family's collection of musical instruments: you will be able to see the most expensive Stradivarius in the world, the most ancient piano, and many other unique instruments.
Soon after that, you will enter in the Tribuna of De Fabris where the Four prisoners and San Matteo by Michelangelo Buonarroti will introduce you to the splendid David! Your local guide will tell you the story of the most famous sculptor of the world, the symbol of Florence and an icon of male beauty. You will also discover the story of the piece of Carrara’s marble that Michelangelo used to sculpt his David.
Visit the Gipsoteca Bartolini which houses the plasters of the sculptor Lorenzo Bartolini, a member of Purism, who become, after the death of Canova, one of the main artists of late Nineteenth century Italian sculpture.
The tour will end on the first floor of the gallery, after admiring the great collection of golden background paintings by Lorenzo Monaco and other important artists of the XIV century.
- Accademia Gallery guided tour
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- Child (4-11 years old)
- Youth (12-25 years old)
Via Ricasoli, 58, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Accademia Gallery - Entrance gate for reserved tickets
Your guide will display a "Musement" sign
- The tour will not take place if it does not reach a minimum number of participants. If this happens you’ll be offered an alternate date for your booking or alternatively individual entrance tickets without guided tour (for a different price)
- Saturday-Sunday 10.00am
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...