Accademia Gallery skip-the-line tickets
- Save time with an official skip-the-line ticket, avoiding entrance lines
- Select the audio guide option to discover Florence: Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio and the Accademia Gallery
- With the guided tour option, get a deeper experience with the insights of a professional guide
- Admire Michelangelo's masterpieces such as his famous David, the Prisoners and San Matteo
- Visit temporary exhibits also included in your ticket
Want to visit the renowned Accademia Gallery without waiting in a long line? Thanks to this skip-the-line ticket, you won't even have to think about the queues - we will take care of everything for you!
The Galleria dell'Accademia is the second most visited museum in Florence and one of the most important museums in Italy. It is home to Michelangelo's famous David, a true international symbol of the city and masterpiece of the Renaissance, as well as to some of the most famous masterpieces in the history of art today.
The Gallery was established in 1784 by the Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo di Lorena, next to the ancient Academy of Fine Arts with the aim of positioning sculptural models that students could study and reproduce. At the Academy, they studied some of the best known Florentine artists, among which included Michelangelo Buonarroti, Francesco da Sangallo, Benvenuto Cellini, Giorgio Vasari and Giambologna. In 1873, the acquisition of Michelangelo's David marked a definitive turning point for the prestige of the museum.
The museum now houses the largest collection of sculptures by Michelangelo in the world, including, amongst many others, the iconic David, the Prisoners and San Matteo. Here you can also find the single largest collection of paintings on gold background as well as the Museum of Musical Instruments. With your skip-the-line ticket, you will be able to visit all of the temporary exhibitions at the Gallery.
In addition to the skip-the-line ticket, you can choose to book an audio guide with a 3-hour audio commentary, which will accompany you for the duration of your visit to the Academy and beyond. The audio guide will also take you to discover the Cathedral (exterior) in Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio and Ponte Vecchio.
If you buy the skip-the-line ticket with guided tour option, you can deepen your knowledge of the masterpieces kept in the museum with the insights of a professional guide.
Choose among three ticket options the one that best suits you:
- Skip-the-line entrance (only entrance)
- Skip-the-line entrance + audio guide (in Italian)
- Skip-the-line entrance + guided tour (on weekends only)
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Accademia Gallery
- Access to temporary exhibitions
- Audio guide in Italian (only if selected upon purchase) for the Accademia Gallery (interior), Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte Vecchio and Florence Cathedral (exterior)
- Guided visit in Italian, English and Spanish of the Accademia Gallery (Saturday and Sunday, only if selected upon purchase)
- Citizens aged 18 to 25 years old, from the European Union or from non-EU states on condition of reciprocity
- Reduced tickets are subject to availability. If the reduced or free options are not available on a certain day or time, it means that availability has run out
Free (advance payment is required to skip the line):
- Children under 18 (children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Guides and interpreters from the European Union
- ICOM, ICOMOS and ICCROM members
- European Union school groups and their teachers, within the established quotas
- Teachers and students from the following schools: Academies of Fine Arts or corresponding institutions in the EU; Architecture, Cultural Heritage, Education Studies faculties; degree programs on literary subjects with an archeology or art history focus; art faculties and corresponding courses in EU member states
- Teachers with permanent and temporary contracts at Italian state and private schools (showing at the ticket office appropriate documentation issued by the MIUR)
- Disabled people and one companion
- Infant (0-3 years): free of charge
- Child (4-11 years): reduced
- Youth (12-25 years): reduced
Accademia Gallery - Via Ricasoli 58, 50122 Florence, Italy
Skip-the-line entrance: show up at the Accademia Gallery (cash desk for pre-booked tickets) at the time chosen upon purchase.
Skip-the-line entrance + audio guide: collect your audio guide at the Slow Tour Tuscany agency in Lungarno degli Acciaiuoli 8 at the time booked - please ring the intercom. Then, 30 minutes after the booked time slot, show the voucher at the Galleria dell'Accademia’s cash desk for pre-booked tickets to enter. The Accademia Gallery is a 15-minute walk from the agency.
Skip-the-line entrance + guided tour: show up at the Accademia Gallery (cash desk for pre-booked tickets) at least 15 minutes prior to the time chosen upon purchase. Your guide will display a 'Musement' sign.
- Confirmation is sent via email within 24 hours of purchase on working days
- Skip-the-line entrance: the time slot you choose in the calendar is mandatory for the entrance. Unfortunately, reduced tickets are not available for all time slots or dates; should you wish to enter the museum anyway, you will have to purchase full-priced tickets
- Skip-the-line entrance + audio guide: remember that the time chosen for the reservation refers to when you can collect your audio guide. This will be scheduled half an hour before your entrance to the museum
- Skip-the-line entrance + guided tour: the tour will not take place if it does not reach a minimum number of participants. If this happens you’ll be offered an alternative date for your booking or individual entrance tickets without a guided tour (for a different price)
- You will be asked for a security deposit of €30 for each rented audio guide; the deposit will be returned to you when you return the undamaged audio guide. In the event that the audio guide is lost or damaged, you will be required to pay €40 per device
- Tickets cannot be purchased by school groups. Those who don't follow this rule will not be accepted at the entrance and will not get a refund
- The museum does not provide a cloakroom service. It is not allowed to enter with bags and backpacks that exceed 40x30x18
- Bottles of water over 0.5 liters are not permitted inside the museum. In addition, it is prohibited to drink inside the exhibition halls
- The use of flash and selfie sticks are not allowed inside the museum
- From Tuesday to Sunday: 8.15am - 6.50pm
- Closed on Mondays, 1 May, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day
- Free on the first Sunday of each month from October to March
Slow Tour Tuscany agency (audio guide collection/return)
- Every day: 9.30am - 6.30pm
- The time shown on the voucher refers to when you can collect your audio guide, scheduled half an hour before the entrance to the museum
- Saturday and Sunday
Immerse yourself completely in Michelangelo's art at the Accademia Gallery with the help of a certif...
Palazzo Pitti is one of Florence’s biggest museums. It is a powerful looking, 13th-century building ...
Discover the Uffizi museum in a stunning Florence group tour, which will bring you through the heart...
With over 1.5 million annual visitors and over 2,200 works on show, the Uffizi can be a hectic exper...
Over 500 years ago, Leonardo da Vinci designed flying machines, robots, submarines, an underwater br...
The museum of the Medici Chapels is found in the Basilica di San Lorenzo, one of Florence’s biggest ...
The Uffizi Gallery is one of the most famous museums in the world, and it is housed in the former “o...
Designed by architect Giorgio Vasari in 1560, the Uffizi is one of the oldest galleries in the world...
Visit the palace in 90 minutes with a guide and you will discover every corner and every masterpiece...
Go learn to make Pizza and Gelato just like the Italians do! Join our late afternoon or evening clas...