Bologna food tour, Modena balsamic and parmesan-making from Florence
- Tour of a parmesan cheese factory including tastings
- Visit a farm producing small batch, artisanal Balsamic Vinegar and tastings
- Enjoy a light lunch made on the farm of seasonal local specialties
- Visit the city of Bologna to try local specialties like tortellini and mortadella
- Stroll through Bologna including the Piazza Maggiore, Jewish Ghetto, and food market
- Travel in private, air-conditioned transport
This day trip is perfect for food lovers who want to enjoy one of the unsullied capitals of Italian cuisine without having to worry about itineraries or logistics. You'll visit a Parmigiano Reggiano Factory, an Artisanal Balsamic Vinegar Producer, Bologna Piazza Maggiore, the Old Jewish Ghetto Food Market, the Torre degli Asinelli and the Torre della Garisenda.
You’ll meet your expert foodie guide and small group of no more than 14 people in Florence at 8am, then hop into a private, air-conditioned minibus and drive 2 hours to a parmigiano reggiano factory, where one of the most coveted cheeses in the world is made. Take a full tour of the enormous storehouse stacked floor-to-ceiling with aging cheese, and finish at the tasting table to sample a 24-month aged parmesan that will change the way you think about cheese forever.
Next, you’ll jump back in the minibus and head to a small farm that produces artisanal balsamic vinegar. After seeing how the vinegar is pressed and stored in wooden barrels, you’ll taste 12 and 30-year old vinegars, before sitting down to a light lunch made on the farm of local ingredients that change seasonally.
Your final stop, the foodie paradise of Bologna, is another highlight. Take a one-hour city stroll with your expert tour leader to see the main highlights of the city, including the central piazza, the food market, the old Jewish Ghetto and the city’s two iconic towers, the Torre degli Asinelli and Torre della Garisenda. Sit down at one of our favorite streetside restaurants to enjoy succulent slices of mortadella, the coldcut that became the worldwide inspiration for baloney. Forget about the stuff you grew up with, this is on a completely different level. Wash it all down with a glass of complimentary wine, then enjoy a quick tortellini tasting before jumping back in your minibus for the one hour drive back to Florence.
- All food and drink
- Gourmet lunch at local farm
- Expert Tour Leader
- Bus driver
- Private, air-conditioned minibus
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- Infants up to 3 years are free of charge
Piazza della Repubblica, 50123 Florence, Italy
Meet us 15 minutes before the departure time of the tour by the Carousel in Piazza della Repubblica, next to the ticket booth.
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us prior to reserving your visit. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives.
- The order of the sites visited may vary
- If you are traveling with a small child and stroller, please let us know
- Unfortunately, our vehicles cannot accommodate wheelchairs and some of the sights, like the farm, are not wheelchair accessible.
Meeting Time: 08:00 AM
Departure Time: 08:15 AM
"Affabulando agli Uffizi" è una visita guidata del celebre museo fiorentino studiata per i visitator...
Inspired by the world-renowned ‘Three Tenors’ of Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo and José Carrera...
An evening in genuine Italian style, devoted to discovering Tuscan cuisine and the most celebrated o...
The cool evening breeze and the relaxing quiet of the typical narrow streets of Florence historical ...
"Affabulando a Palazzo Pitti" è una visita guidata del celebre palazzo Pitti di Firenze studiata per...
Learn how to make pizza and gelato at an idyllic setting in the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll...