Excursion to Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni with transport
- Visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Siena: exclusive opening of intimate and secret sights
- Wonderful views of Tuscan rolling hills and Chianti countryside
- Stop at a cozy Winery with tasting of excellent Chianti wines
- Picturesque Chianti medieval village, famous for its colors and charm
Along the way that will lead us to Siena, we will stop at San Gimignano, a small and world famous walled town located on a hilltop, which remained intact through the centuries, renowned for its tall towers, wonderful frescoes and many other valuable works of art: here we will be led until the heart of the historical center, where to have free time at disposal for its fascinating discovery.
Upon arrival in Siena, after free time for lunch (not included), we meet the local guide, who takes us on a comprehensive guided tour of the historic center, starting from its most beautiful square, Piazza del Campo, of which the Palazzo Pubblico (Town Hall) is the focal point and a pleasant walk through the narrow medieval streets of the city, flanked by splendid palaces and historic shops, until we reach the Museum and Oratory of a Palio’s Contrada (*) (exclusive opening), where we can experience the atmosphere of the authentic and most intimate soul of the town. The “Contrade” (districts into which the city is divided) are the real core of local social life, where inhabitants of each district compete with each other, as they devote themselves to the preparation of the famous Palio horse-race. The Museum of a ”Contrada”, as well as its Oratory, is therefore the heart of the district. It is an intimate and secret place containing historical documents and wonderful relics of the famous Palio, as well as magnificent works of art, which are normally not disclosed to the public. We proceed then to the spectacular Cathedral of the 12th century, of which we can admire the magnificent architecture and the splendor of the polychrome marbles.
In the afternoon, we will stop at the charming historical hamlet of Monteriggioni, an amazing small medieval village enclosed by its famous walls, which remained standing to this day, free time for inside visit.
Then crossing the gently Chianti rolling hills, we will arrive to a cozy Winery, where taste four fantastic wines and sampling balsamic vinegar and “zero food miles” products , to end this memorable experience in the heart of Tuscany with delicious Tuscan flavors.
You can choose from 3 different options:
- Tour escort
- Guided Visit in Siena with Professional local guide including a Contrada Museum and Oratorio - Exclusive opening (depending on the selected option)
- Siena Cathedral and Libreria Piccolomini Guided Visit and admission (depending on the selected option)
- A sampling of Wines and “zero food miles” products
- Optional Gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Child (3-8): reduced
- Infant (0-2): reduced
Piazzale Montelungo, Firenze 50129 FI
Tour departs at 08:30 from Piazzale Montelungo, at the Yellow Street Sign Caf Tour - Gray Line Florence. Please reach the meeting point 15 minutes before.
- It is recommended that participants wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothes to visit museums or places of worship
- Please note: the order of the visits may change (*) When the Museum and the Oratory of the Contrada are not accessible, will be replaced with another site of particular historic and cultural interest
- Cancellation Policy: No penalty for cancellations up to 48 hours in advance of the schedule departure time. For cancellation made less than 48 hours before the tour departure and in case of no show, 100% of penalty will be applied
- Every day
- All tours start at 8:30am
The village of San Gimignano, the Chianti area and the medieval town of Siena: these venues are situ...
Rise early for an exciting day at Cinque Terre, the most characteristic villages of Italy including ...
Piazza del Duomo in Florence is an extraordinary open-air museum, full of chests holding incredible ...
Choose at the Market fresh products and seasonal vegetables and then cook a delicious meal. On this ...
With this excursion to Pisa you'll have the chance to leave Florence for a day and see the famous ci...
Listen to the stories that make Florence one of Italy’s most captivating cities. Tales of tragic lov...
Save on the price of the guided tour booking this excursion for independent travelers with round-tri...
Join the Official Duomo Tour and avoid the long line by entering the Cathedral through a dedicated e...
Depart in early morning from Montecatini with this shuttle service. Have free time in Florence befor...
Take a relaxing evening out in beautiful Tuscany to enjoy the stunning location of a historical 17th...