Florence Cathedral and Baptistery with restoration workshop guided visit
- Explore the Cathedral and Baptistery of Florence
- Discover the stonemason workshop of Michelangelo
- Visit Brunelleschi’s dome, Giotto's bell tower, and the crypt of Santa Reparata
- Sample delicious wine, cheese, and balsamic vinegar
Tour with exclusive visit and 72h ticket to the Duomo complex: Cathedral, Crypt, Baptistery, Bell tower, Dome and Museo dell'Opera del Duomo.
Take a step back into time and explore Florence's cathedral complex. You'll start your guided tour with a video describing the creation and evolution of this important church. Special images and reconstructions will come to life as you are guided by an authorized expert through the workshop where Michelangelo himself worked on the famous David. The facility is still in use today, with the same tools and techniques perfected by many artists long ago.
You will also take part in a guided tour of the Baptistery and the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, giving you the chance to marvel at the beautiful art and restorations of these structural masterpieces.
When your tour is over, you are invited to sample some pleasant Chianti wine with a delectable bite of cheese and balsamic vinegar. The visit doesn't stop there. Your ticket will also grant you access to other structures in the cathedral complex. On your own you can visit Brunelleschi's dome, the crypt of St. Reparata, and Giotto's bell tower. The Renaissance is yours to explore!
If you prefer you can also choose the option with lunch instead of the tasting. End your wonderful experience in the best way with a Tuscan lunch with drinks in an historic restaurant in the heart of the characteristic Medicean district, near the Cathedral square.
- Caf Tour’s staff assistance
- Introductory movie to the history of Florence and to the Cathedral complex
- Guide authorized by Opera Santa Maria del Fiore
- 72h entrance ticket for all the Duomo Complex Monuments (except the Brunelleschi’s dome)
- Taste of Chianti wine, cheese and balsamic vinegar
- Lunch (if selected)
- Children 0-5 years old: free of charge (lunch not included)
- Children 6-11 years old: reduced price
Piazza di San Giovanni, 19red, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
- From November 2018 to March 2019 – 11:15am
- From April 2019 to October 2019 - 11:45am
In front of Scudieri Cafè
- Note: until March 2019 the guided tour will be preceded by the vision of an introductory video on the Duomo Complex. From April 2019. due to the unavailability of the Opera del Duomo dedicated space, the video projection will be suspended until further notice.
- We suggest to wear comfortable shoes
- Every Monday at 11.20am until October 31st
- From November 2018 to March 2019 – 11:30am
- From April 2019 to October 2019 - 12:00pm
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...