Florence half-day walking tour
- Skip-the-line entrance to Accademia Gallery to admire the amazing David by Michelangelo
- A great introductory tour to Florence to help you get oriented
- See Florence's spectacular Duomo from the outside, crowned by Brunelleschi's dome and embellished with frescos by Vasari
Discover the historic center of Florence on this 3-hour Florence walking tour including the Ponte Vecchio, the elegant Uffizi Square, the renowned leather market, and the Accademia Gallery with Michelangelo’s David. Stroll along the timeless streets lined with chief architecture of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, and admire Florence in its continued glory discovering its hidden gems, all in a single morning!
Our Florence tour begins with skip-the-line access to the Accademia Gallery where you will have the unique opportunity to marvel at Michelangelo’s statue of the Slaves and his magnificent 17-foot marble masterpiece, David. Then we'll visit the Duomo Square, where the magnificent Florence Cathedral is, known locally as Il Duomo, for the stunning dome that crowns it. This incredible feat of engineering required a whole new process for its construction, which your guide will describe as you view it from the outside.
The entrance to the Duomo is free and you can visit independently if you wish, as the guide provided you with a full explanation of its inside and outside features.
During the walking tour, you will learn about the fascinating history of Florence as you visit the heart of the Renaissance Civic and Political Center, famous for its ancient statues and glorious fountains. You will make your way towards the famous Uffizi Gallery and the Medieval Palazzo Vecchio. Our path continues as we head toward the Religious Center, stopping at the Church of Orsanmichele, where you will admire ingenious statues by famed artists such as Donatello, Ghiberti and Verrocchio.
Rub the nose of the legendary boar, 'il Porcellino' to ensure a return to Florence and visit Piazza della Repubblica, once the Ancient Forum, now a popular meeting place for famous writers, artists and locals.
The tour will end at Lungarno, facing the Ponte Vecchio Bridge.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR TOURS RUNNING IN 2020, THE WALKING TOUR WILL BE SHORTER AND FOCUSED ON THE MAIN HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CITY. THE ENDING POINT OF THE TOUR WILL BE AT UFFIZI.
- Tour as per description
- Small groups of 19 people or less
- Skip-the-line entrance to Accademia Gallery
- Ticket for the Accademia Gallery and all reservation fees
- English or French speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Infants (ages 0-3): free
- Child (4-14): reduced
Piazza San Marco, 9-10, 50121 Firenze FI, Italy
Your guide will meet at San Marco Square, Piazza San Marco, in front of the monument to Manfredo Fanti, right in the middle of the square.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour
- Please note that the Duomo (Cathedral) is not visited on this tour
- On the first Sunday of every month, due to Accademia Gallery’s admission policies, we may not be granted admittance. If this happens we will offer an extended walking tour of the city
- Entrance into some churches may require a dress code that specifies that knees and shoulders should be covered
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs, and we are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR TOURS RUNNING IN 2020, THE WALKING TOUR WILL BE SHORTER AND FOCUSED ON THE MAIN HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CITY. THE ENDING POINT OF THE TOUR WILL BE AT UFFIZI
- Morning tour - Meeting time: 8.15am - Departure time: 8.30am
- Afternoon tour - Meeting time: 4.15pm - Departure time: 4.30pm
Palazzo Pitti is one of Florence’s biggest museums. It is a powerful looking, 13th-century building ...
Enjoy total immersion in Michelangelo's art with this ticket to the Accademia Gallery that allows yo...
Learn how to make pizza and gelato in an idyllic setting of the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll...
Do not miss this informative tour, the new way to visit Florence in total freedom without wasting of...
Escape the hustle and bustle of Florence and experience the heart of Tuscany by visiting the enchant...
The first ever, original and most popular Cooking Class in Florence! Meet one of our famous and char...