Michelangelo art tour in Florence
- Learn about Michelangelo with a specialized tour guide
- Visit to Bargello National Museum and Casa Buonarroti Museum
- See the Cappelle Medicee
- Lunch in the ancient Mercato Centrale
Your tour guide Giovanni, who will play the role of Leone Amidei, is a florentine tourist guide whom is specialized in the life and works of Michelangelo Buonarroti. Leone will show you into the world of Michelangelo, through visiting the places where he lived, and viewing his works. During your tour listen carefully and take notes, as this tour has an examination at the end to find the next heir.
Your tour will begin with a visit to Via Bentaccordi, where a commemorative plaque indicates the house of Michelangelo's youth. At the Bargello National Museum you will analyze his masterworks, “Bacco, Bruto, David-Apollo e il Tondo Pitti.” Next, you will see Cappelle Medicee to admire the “Sacrestia Nuova,” featuring seven Michelangelo sculptures integrated in his own architectural project. Your tour will break for lunch in the ancient Mercato Centrale where you can buy and taste traditional food in the local open-air market. After lunch you will stroll around Palazzo Medici Riccardi, talking about the Giardino di San Marco and the Academia delle Arti e del Disegno. During your visit to Casa Buonarroti Museum you will be asked to pass the examination to be recognized as heirs. On the final stop of your walking tour you will see the tomb of Michelangelo in the Basilica di Santa Croce in the churchyard of Santa Croce.
- Authorized guide specialized on Michelangelo
- Light welcome refreshments
- Guided visit through the city center of Florence
- Entrance tickets to Bargello National Museum, Cappelle Medicee, Casa Buonarroti Museum,Tomb of Michelangelo in the Basilica of Santa Croce
- Audio head-phones
- Certificate of participation
- Pen and notebook
- Food and drinks at the Mercato Centrale
- Everything that is not clearly included
Piazza di Santa Croce, 12, 50122 Firenze FI
- Please wear comfortable footwear, suitable for walking in the Florence city center
- Children must be at least 10 years old to take part, Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Fridays at 9.00am
Take a guided tour of the Palatine Gallery and the Royal Apartments to experience the private art co...
Save on the price of the guided tour, booking this excursion for independent travelers with round-tr...
"Affabulando agli Uffizi" è una visita guidata del celebre museo fiorentino studiata per i visitator...
Inspired by the world-renowned ‘Three Tenors’ of Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo and José Carrera...
Make the most of your time in Florence with a 3-hour tour of the most important sites and monuments!...
Chianti is a vast territory between Florence and Siena in the heart of Tuscany. It’s a region known ...