Pisa day trip from Florence with Lucca
- Enjoy a full tour of Pisa, Piazza dei Miracoli, the Cathedral
- Included tickets to the top of the famous Leaning Tower
- Eat lunch at a local winery, including full winery tour, tasting, and local, seasonal food
- Explore the beautiful walled city of Lucca with your expert guide
- See the ancient city walls and the facades of three of its world-famous churches
- Travel in private, air-conditioned transport
Over roughly ten hours, this tour takes you to two of the most famous and beautiful small cities in Italy with a wine tasting and delicious lunch along the way. You'll visit Pisa, the Leaning Tower, Lucca and eat lunch at a local winery.
You’ll meet your local expert guide and small group of no more than 14 people at 8:45 in Florence, then hop into a private, air-conditioned minibus for the 1.5-hour drive to Pisa. Along the way, your guide will acquaint you with the history of the area and explain why Pisa became a home to so many incredible buildings.
Arriving in the center of Pisa, your guide will introduce you to the Piazza dei Miracoli, one of the most extraordinary architectural complexes in Europe. It contains an enormous Cathedral and Baptistery, and the world (in)famous Leaning Tower of Pisa. Once you’ve learned a bit about it and toured the inside of the Cathedral, your guide will give you your tickets and you can head up the 273 steps to the top of the tower. It’s not just an optical illusion - you can actually feel the lean from the top of the tower.
Back on flat ground, you’ll have free time to explore the city before heading back out into the countryside for lunch at a local winery. The owner of the winery will give you a full tour of his farm before you sit down to wine tastings and a lunch of local seasonal specialties sourced from the surrounding area.
Hopping back in the minibus, you’ll head over to Lucca, which is famous for its Renaissance walls. As you enjoy a city stroll stopping off in front of three of the city’s beautiful churches, you’ll learn about the violent history of the region and why those walls were necessary in the first place. You’ll then have free time to explore one of the most beautiful and beloved small cities in Italy.
We’ll have you back in Florence by about 6:00PM.
Sites Visited: Leaning Tower of Pisa, Cathedral of Pisa (inside), Pisa Baptistery (from the outside), Piazza dei Miracoli Local Winery, City Stroll Lucca, City Walls San Michele in Foro (from the outside), Piazza Napoleone (from the outside), Duomo di San Martino (from the outside).
- Leaning Tower of Pisa Tickets
- Cathedral (inside)
- Wine Tastings
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- This tour is not suitable for children under 8 years old
Piazza della Repubblica, 50123 Florence, Italy
Meet us 15 minutes before the departure time of the tour by the Carousel in Piazza della Repubblica.
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us prior to reserving your visit. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives.
- If you are traveling with a small child and stroller, please let us know
- Unfortunately, our vehicles cannot accommodate wheelchairs and some of the sights, like the farm, are not wheelchair accessible.
- For safety reasons, children who will not have turned 8 by the end of this year are not permitted to enter in the Leaning Tower
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 8
Meeting Time: 08:30 AM
Departure Time: 08:45 AM
This easy day trip from Florence takes you to one of the most stunning architectural complexes in It...
This tour will take you to enjoy the rich history and the art of the most spellbinding sights in Tus...
Listen to the stories that make Florence one of Italy’s most captivating cities. Tales of tragic lov...
Discover Florence from a new point of view: stroll in the alleys of the historic center as your guid...
Immerse your senses. Feel the cool breeze on your face. Smell the sweet scents of pure nature throug...
During the 8hr tour, you will explore the Gothic city of Siena with its famous shell-shaped Piazza d...
Upon arrival in the elegant and refined town of Lucca, a pleasant walk with your guide will take you...
Piazza del Duomo in Florence is an extraordinary open-air museum, full of chests holding incredible ...
During the tour your personal guide will tell you the secrets of the whole square called “Field of M...
The tour begins with the discovery of the historic city center with the visit to the scenic square a...