Private highlights of Florence walking tour
- Begin the tour in the picturesque Piazza della Signoria (Signoria square)
- Visit the breathtaking Duomo of Florence (Basilica of Santa Maria del Fiore)
- Skip the line to enter the Accademia Gallery
You’ll begin your tour at the Piazza della Signoria named for the Signoria of Florence, the city’s former ruling body. This piazza has been a focal point of governmental, social, artistic and even religious activity for centuries. Our guides will recount the dramas that have taken place within the square itself and will introduce you to the Palazzo Vecchio, the Loggia dei Lanzi and the other important buildings sitting along its edges.
From here you will make your way, with your private tour guide, to the magnificent Duomo, the Basilica Santa Maria del Fiore (or Saint Mary of the Flowers). With its massive yet elegant red-brick dome, designed by Brunelleschi in the 15th century, this basilica undoubtedly forms the most iconic silhouette of the Florentine skyline. Admire its architectural magnificence while your guide relays the amusing tales of its designers and their work. Here you’ll also have a chance to become acquainted with two other important structures: the Baptistery, dating back as early as the 5th Century, where many notable Florentines, including Dante Aligheri, were baptized, and Giotto’s Tower, the remarkable gothic-style bell tower at the church’s side.
The tour also includes a visit to the Accademia Gallery. In addition to offering its visitors a view of works by Florentine greats like Botticelli, Ghirlandaio and Andrea del Sarto, the “Academy” is home to one of Florence’s (the world’s, for that matter) greatest treasures: Michelangelo’s glorious statue of David.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Private tour with your own tour guide
- Skip the line entrance tickets
- Optional gratuities
- Audio headsets
The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- The tour guide will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time
- Please let us know in advance if you require wheelchair facility
Start time: Any time between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm
Experience Florence in a way that you'll never forget! Taste the best products from every corner of ...
The countryside around Florence is full of surprises: antique villas, churches, monasteries, magnifi...
The Palio is a famous horse race held twice a year (on 2nd July and 16th August) in Piazza del Campo...
The tour starts with an introduction to the square and its religious buildings.Then you will visit t...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...
Easy, pleasant, joyful: it’s the perfect tour for families, small group or individuals enthusiast fo...