Siena, San Gimignano and Greve in Chianti budget tour with wine tasting
- Visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites independently
- Free time in Siena, San Gimignano and Greve in Chianti
- Wonderful views of Tuscan rolling hills and Chianti countryside
- Stop at a typical winery with tasting of excellent Chianti wines
Save on the price of the guided tour, booking this excursion for independent travelers with round-trip transportation from Florence, hostess aboard, and commentary on the bus.
Along the way that will lead you to Siena, the first emotion is the enchanting view of Monteriggioni from the panoramic windows of the bus: the amazing spectacle of a small medieval village enclosed by its famous walls, which remained standing to this day.
Upon arrival in Siena, you'll have 3 hours and 30 minutes to get around the city independently. You can walk along narrow medieval streets, flanked by splendid palaces and historic shops, until you reach the spectacular Cathedral of the 12th century, of which you can admire the magnificent architecture and the splendor of the polychrome marbles. Don't miss the beautiful square of Piazza del Campo, the heart of Siena.
In the afternoon you'll reach San Gimignano, a small and world famous walled town located on a hilltop, which remained intact through the centuries, renowned for its tall towers, wonderful frescoes and many other valuable works of art. Here you will have 1 hour and 30 minutes of free time at disposal.
In the evening, crossing the gently Chianti rolling hills, you'll arrive in a small and typical winery where, after a short walk in the ancient vineyards, you'll visit the suggestive wine barrel room and taste fantastic wines, sampling also locally produced zero food miles. Finally, you'll stop in the picturesque village of Greve in Chianti, where you'll have free time to admire its famous main square flanked by arcades.
- Caf Tour's staff assistance at the meeting point
- Round-trip transport from Florence
- Tour escort
- Stop in Siena (3 hours and 30 minutes approx.)
- Stop in San Gimignano (1 hour and 30 minutes approx.)
- Stop in the Chianti area with winery guided visit, sampling of wines and ?zero food miles? products
- Free time in Greve in Chianti
- Guide in destination
- Children (ages 0-3): free of charge
- Children (ages 4-12): reduced
In front of Caf Tour & Travel - Gray Line yellow street sign.
- Please note that the order of the visits may change
- Comfortable shoes are suggested
- Duration of the tour: 08.30am - 07.30pm
- Check-in in time at the meeting point: 08.15am
- From November to March: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- From April to October: every day
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...