Walking tour of Florence with optional Cathedral visit
- Admire the cradle of the Renaissance through the eyes of an experienced local guide
- Enrich your Florentine experience by skipping the queue to the Cathedral
- Capture the essence of Florence on a small-group tour
Discover two thousand years of history of the cradle of the Renaissance through the eyes of an expert local guide, who will show you the most beautiful squares and monuments of Florence. The city of the Renaissance is literally dotted with architectural wonders and works of art: joining this unforgettable tour you'll be able to admire with your own eyes the sites and monuments that have made Florence one of the most visited destinations in the world.
Start your enlightening guided promenade in Repubblica Square, one of the most elegant squares in Florence, where the most refined cafés of the city are located. Follow your guide through the most characteristic streets and alleys until you reach the Loggia del Mercato Nuovo, home to a delightful leather market, where you will find out how to win good luck caressing the nose of the famous Porcellino, the city’s statue of a piglet. At a stone throw, there is the suggestive Ponte Vecchio, a true icon of the city, which is famous for hosting the most exclusive jewelry stores of Florence and for its unique structure, and also for being the only bridge of the city spared from the bombings during the Second World War.
Then reach the Accademia dei Georgofili and the Uffizi Square, and discover the beating heart of Florence, Signoria Square, a real open-air museum dominated by the imposing Palazzo Vecchio and the magnificent Loggia dei Lanzi, which houses wonderful original statues including the Perseus by Cellini and the Rape of the Sabine Women by Giambologna. Your discovery of the wonders of Florence will culminate in San Giovanni Square, home of the wonderful Florence Cathedral with its Brunelleschi's Dome, the Baptistery and Giotto's Bell Tower.
If you are still not satisfied with so much art and beauty, you can continue the experience inside the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, literally skipping the long queues at the entrance and taking advantage of the company of your expert guide who will reveal all the secrets of this immense wealth of art and architecture.
- Professional guide
- Guided walking tour in a small group
- Earphones for larger groups
- Priority access to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (if selected)
- Guided tour inside the Cathedral in a small group (if selected)
- Entrance tickets to the Museo della Misericordia in Florence (if selected)
- Child (0-5): free
Via Camillo Cavour 36R, 50129 Florence FI, Italy
At the sales office of the local operator Ciao Florence.
- Due to security controls at the entrance of the Cathedral, waiting time may be longer than expected
- An appropriate dress code is required to enter the Cathedral. Please make sure your shoulders and knees are covered
- It is strictly forbidden to bring large bags or luggage inside the Duomo
- This tour starts at 11.00am
- November to March: on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- April to October: from Monday to Saturday
- Duration: 1.5-hour walking tour + 1-hour Cathedral visit (optional)
Discover the incredible and priceless treasures kept in the extraordinary open-air museum of Piazza ...
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
The first part of the tour is devoted to the heart of Florence, its historic center and its wonderfu...
Both Lucca and Pisa are worldwide renowned for their incredible architecture and rich history. Delve...
An unforgettable guided walk in the center of a UNESCO World Heritage city, to learn about the histo...
Have you ever wondered why Florence was the birthplace of the Renaissance? An excellent and complete...
Barberino Designer Outlet is the perfect location where you can find your favorite designer brands a...
Meet your Master Perfumer at the historical perfumery and laboratory Antica Spezieria San Simone and...
Parti alla scoperta dei sapori tradizionali della cucina fiorentina in un autentico viaggio tra cibo...
Upon arrival at the meeting point, the staff will be happy to welcome you on board. Select the audio...