Gdansk private Communism tour with Solidarity Center Museum
- Learn history of the Solidarity and communism in Poland on a private guided walking tour
- Visit the Sala BHP where the “Gdańsk Agreement” of 31 August 1980 was signed
- Walk through Gdansks Shipyard area and see the most important monuments connected with Solidarity Movement
- Enjoy pick-up from your hotel in Gdansk Old Town
- Choose the extended 4-hour tour for skip-the-line tickets to European Solidarity Center
Start the walking tour in Gdansk Shipyard which was once the working place for thousands of people. Listen to stories about the communist era in Poland which was a hard time for all citizens. Discover how their determination led to the collapse of totalitarian systems in Europe. Learn about how Lech Walesa, the worker from the shipyard, became the leader of the first free trade union Solidarity and later became the first democratically-elected Polish president in post-WWII history.
During the 2-hour version of the tour, see the Three Crosses Monument, the popular monument to the shipyard workers which shows how turbulent and dramatic the history of modern Europe was after 1945. Then walk through the historic Main Gate with 20 postulates of workers before continuing on to the old shipyard buildings. Stop at Sala BHP, the Shipyard Museum, where the agreement with the communists was signed. Finish the tour with a stroll around the shipyard to witness how work continues there to this day. At the end get a shot of vodka in the Polish restaurant where you can stay to have a lunch.
Opt to take the extended 4-hour version of the tour to spend an additional 2 hours exploring the European Solidarity Center - one of the newest, interactive, and most interesting museums in Gdansk. Your guide will help you to understand the exhibition and the historical context surrounding the incident that took place in the Gdansk shipyard.
- Private Solidarity Tour led by licensed guide
- PRL traditional soft drink or shot of Polish vodka
- Visit Sala BHP the place when was signed the agreement with the communists
- Pick-up from the hotels located in Gdansk Old Town
- The true history and facts about PRL times in Gdansk
- As it is a private trip, it will be adapted to the interests of your group
- Extended version: skip the line tickets to the European Solidarity Centre
- Hotel pick-up from accommodations located outside of Gdansk Old Town
Plac Solidarności, 80-001 Gdańsk
Meet your guide in front of the Three Crosses Monument or at the agreed upon location in Old Town Gdansk.
- Please note that pick-up from your hotel is only possible from Gdansk Old Town (guests from outside Gdansk Old Town are encouraged to arrange transportation when making a reservation)
- For pick-up confirm the place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Mondays to Sundays at 10.00am
All places are carefully chosen to show you the various atmospheres that reflect different periods o...
See the sights and sample the local food of Gdansk on this amazing walking tour. Learn the city's fa...
Explore Gdansk by night on a 2-hour tour with an English-speaking guide. Beginning from Neptune's St...
Audio Guide Gdansk is an extraordinary way to see Gdańsk. Explore the city at your own pace, without...
Car trip through Gdańsk, Sopot and Gdynia. A private trip around the Tri-City with a local guide. Th...
Go for an amazing journey through the city following the footsteps of the Second World War. You will...