DO THIS BECAUSE...
- Participate in traditional aperitivo at a local cafe
- Sample local food, paired with local wine
- Explore on foot both the old and new towns of Monterosso
- Get spectacular views of the coastline and coloured houses of the village
- Learn the history and traditions of Monterosso, directly from the local people
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your Cinque Terre tour will start out in the new part of Monterosso village, where there’s plenty of coastline and little rocky beaches to see. We’ll walk to the end of this area and check out the ancient statue on the rocks, called “the Giant of Monterosso.”
From there, we’ll continue to a spot that overlooks the Mediterranean Sea and the coast of Cinque Terre. Trust us, there are beautiful views to be found here! From this point, we’ll continue along a short path that takes us down to the old area of Monterosso. We’ll walk through the narrow streets where the houses are brightly coloured, and take a look at the old Genoese gothic church. Then, finally, we’ll grab a seat to enjoy our aperitivo!
We’ll settle into a traditional cafe, where you can experience the best bites of local food, and sip wine produced in Cinque Terre. While enjoying all the traditional flavours, the owner will share the local secrets behind what we're eating and drinking, as well as a few good stories about Monterosso.
- Food and drink tastings (Aperitivo)
- Every day
Children 0-5 years old: free