2-day trip to Nemrut and Upper Mesopotomia with airfare from Istanbul
- Enjoy a 2-day trip with hotel and airfare included
- Witness the sunset and rise over Nemrut mountain
- Visit the 35m high monumental tomb at Karakus Tumulus
Climb back to 3000 B.C. on a 2-day journey from Istanbul to witness the most striking views of the sunseting and rising among the mass stone statue-monuments, where they are originally erected at 2209 m. high.
Fly from Istanbul into Adiyaman, where you will be joined by your English speaking guide for an 2-day adventure back in history. Following a tasty lunch ata a waterside restaurant you can walk the shore of Ataturk Dam, before driving to Karakus Tumulus.
Visit Karakus Tumulus, the 35m high monumental tomb which was built as a mausoleum for the royal family by Commangene's King Mithradates II in 36 BC, as a dedication to his mother. See A handful of columns arranged in rings and topped with an eagle, a lion and a third holding the female relatives of the king.
Cross the Roman Cendere bridge, 120m in length and 7m in width, one of the oldest bridges in the world still in use today (closed to vehicles) constructed of 92 stones each weighing 10 tons of Chabinas stream.
Continue to the antique city of Arsemia from the beginning of 200 BC, the summer capital and administration city of the Commagene Kingdom.
Finish you day with a famous sunset over Nemrut Mountain, return to your 4-star accommodation and dine before an early morning watching the sunrise and returning to Istanbul.
- Morning flight from Istanbul to Adiyaman (approx. 2 hours)
- Meet your guide at the airport and drive to Kahta (approx. 30 minutes)
- Enjoy lunch by at a waterside restaurant and take a short walk at the shores of Ataturk Dam
- Visit Karakus Tumulus
- Continue to the antique city of Arsemia
- Drive to view the world famous sunset at Nemrut Moutain
- Drive back to hotel for dinner and an overnight stay at a 4-star hotel
- Very early wake up and reach the Nemrut summit to watch the most striking view of the sunrise among the statues
- Descent to Kahta
- Breakfast at hotel and transfer to the airport for return flight to Istanbul
- Hotel pick-up (from central hotels)
- Roundtrip domestic plane tickets (from/to İstanbul)
- English speaking professional guide
- Accommodation at a 4-Star Hotel with breakfast
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Lunch
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Gümüşsuyu, Gümüşsuyu Mahallesi, Osmanlı Sk. 1/B, 34437 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Turkey
Please confirm the pick-up location and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking. If pick-up is not available to your hotel please meet your tour in front of The Marmara Hotel at Taksim Square.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place (only available from centrally located hotels) and time directly with the local operator. At this time you will also be asked for your personal information necessary to book your flight. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Maximum of 10 people per tour group
- Tour operates daily at 9.00am
- Be ready for pick-up 10 minutes prior to tours departure
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
Discover Istanbul and its fascinating ottoman relics with this half-day afternoon tour. The tour wil...
Try Turkish life with a family meal and an evening mingling with locals at some of their favorite pl...
This will not only be a culinary walk but also a stroll through the city’s Asian side to discover it...
Enjoy a half day, afternoon tour to visit Dolmabahce Palace, the royal residence of the Ottoman Sult...
Enjoy the fun with the spectacular & magical world of Isfanbul Theme Park! The capital of entertainm...
Take a combination tour of Istanbul Classics and Ottoman Relics.Tour "Sultan Ahmet Center", the hear...