Whirling Dervishes live show and exhibition
- See the awe-inspiring traditional Sema ceremony that dates back over 800 years
- Step into a restored Ottoman Turkish bath
- Learn the fascinating history behind this mystical Sufi ritual
Near the mighty Hagia Sophia Basilica and the magnificent Topkapi Palace, Hodjapasha Cultural Center is a delightful piece of the city’s striking cultural mosaic. Transformed from a large 15th-century hamam (Turkish bath), it now welcomes visitors under its high dome ceilings to showcase some of the best of this vast country’s traditions.
Watch the mystical ritual of the Mevlevi Order, whose whirling dance has been declared a UNESCO Heritage of Humanity. The Sema ceremony is a journey through man’s spiritual ascent to “perfection” through mind and love—a truly unmissable and astonishing experience of music and moves.
The exhibition features information displays about dervishes and their ceremony, objects belonging to the world of dervishes such as clothing, musical instruments and personal tools and books. Interactive Rumi poems and sufi music samples, hyperrealist style dervish statues and video shows are part of this unique exhibition.
- Tickets to the Whirling Dervishes live show and exhibition
- Free multi-language booklet
- Complimentary beverages prior to the show
- Optional gratuities
- Children (aged 7-12): reduced
Hodjapasha Cultural Center, Istanbul
Ankara Caddesi Hocapaşa Hamamı Sok No: 3.B, Sirkeci, İstanbul, Turkey
- Tickets cannot be amended or cancelled once booked
- Children under 7 years of age are not allowed
- Photography is not allowed
- Please be available at the theater 30 minutes before the show time
- Important Notice : Late comers are allowed to enter the sema session first 10 minutes to allow for a peaceful ceremony. Booking of a visitors who come later than 15 minutes is regarded as no-show and the ticket price will not be refunded
- The theater is not suitable for wheelchairs
- Every evening at 7:00 pm
- Please arrive at the theater 30 minutes before the show time
Discover Istanbul and its fascinating ottoman relics with this half-day afternoon tour. The tour wil...
This will not only be a culinary walk but also a stroll through the city’s Asian side to discover it...
Enjoy a half day, afternoon tour to visit Dolmabahce Palace, the royal residence of the Ottoman Sult...
Enjoy the fun with the spectacular & magical world of Isfanbul Theme Park! The capital of entertainm...
Climb back to 3000 B.C. on a 2-day journey from Istanbul to witness the most striking views of the s...
Take a combination tour of Istanbul Classics and Ottoman Relics.Tour "Sultan Ahmet Center", the hear...