Celebrated every woman in India, the monsoon festival of Teej is celebrated to mark the day when Lord Shiva accepted Goddess Parvati's love towards him. Women all across the country celebrate this festival in order to be loved by their husbands or get loving spouses. It is an all-the-more heartily enjoyable event in Jaipur in which you can dive into the festivities, singing and dancing with the ladies in the Old City, and visit the colorfully decorated local market. You can also try the henna art of painting with intricately designed patterns and treat your taste buds to Ghewar, which is a special local delicacy for Teej. Not only that, join the merriment of enjoying colorfully adorned jhula rides (swings).
Excursions & day trips
Experience Teej festival in Jaipur
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Get your hands painted with henna
- Sing and dance with the ladies in the Old City
- Visit the colourfully decorated local market
- Treat your taste buds to Ghewar, a local delicacy for the Teej festival
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in AC vehicle
- Guided tour
Pick-up from your hotels in Jaipur within 10km of the city center. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- Please be advised that in some cases henna application can cause skin irritation and rashes. We strongly advise you to check all side effects prior to application
- This tour involves walking and standing. It is advisable to wear comfortable shoes
- Please bring your own water bottle, sunglasses, and caps
- Please wear full-length trousers and half/full sleeve tops to blend in with locals
- The tour also includes eating with a local at their residence. In case you have any dietary restrictions, please inform before the local operator
- Check with your tour guide for specific instructions
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.