It’s not without reason that Jaipur is known as Choti Kashi (a smaller version of Varanasi). However, temples are not just houses of worship. They are markers of historical narratives as much as markers of a rich and expansive faith. The temples of Rajasthan are uniquely rich in their interpretations of shared mythology, varied in religious iconography, and most of all, in their architecture and cultural references. One such temple is a Jain temple as old as Jaipur itself - it has frescoes painted on its walls with crushed emeralds and lapis lazuli. The fresco is symbolic of a human being’s journey through life. This trail winds through little-known shrines and forgotten temple complexes. The quietude that you sense at an 8th-century temple exists because of its architectural planning. We join people of faith who unravel the symbolism and experts who retell the anecdotes from the temple’s history. It’s not just about faith and belief, it’s about these structures being silent storytellers of a past that were witness to a splendor, a grandeur, a functionality that made them stand as microcosms of a people, a living culture.
Half-day the sacred route temple trail in Jaipur
- Learn about the mythology Jaipur through temples of Rajasthan
- Admire the religious iconography from their architecture and cultural references
- Come with an open heart and mind, and take away buckets of cherish-able memories and perspectives!
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children (12-17 years)
- During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
- Pick-up only from city hotel in Jaipur
- Bring your own water bottle, sunglasses, and caps
- Bring a scarf to cover your head when we step inside some of the religious places
- Dressed in full-length trousers and half/full sleeve tops to gel seamlessly with the crowd are suggested
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are suggested
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with our local partner. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Supplement for Pick-up from hotels outside diameter of 10 km from the city center to be paid on site:
- USD 25 Per Person (2-5 Pax)
- USD 20 Per Person (6-7 Pax)
- Starting Time 02.00 pm
Discover the ancient city of Jaipur on a full-day tour that will take you to regal palaces, treasure...
The Jhalana Forest Reserve in Jaipur is a 24 sq km sanctuary home to 20 leopards. Jhalana also suppo...
Bagru, a village near Jaipur has made its mark on the textile industry map around the world. The exp...
After getting picked up from your hotel, your first stop will be Hawa Mahal, which means ‘Palace of ...
This tour will give you a first-hand experience of Jaipur’s cultural identity and local life. The to...
Jaipur has many claims to fame, with a major one being the ancient art of block printing. The knowle...