This tour is a great opportunity to explore the city with a an expert guide. Your first stop is one of the oldest churches in the world, where it all began: the Church of the Nativity, the birthplace of Jesus. A huge church with a long history, where you will be able to see the various chapels of the Catholic, Armenian and Greek Orthodox Christians. Afterwards, you will visit the Franciscan Grotto of the Lady Mary and learn how the 'Milk Grotto' got its name. A large underground cave with a Franciscan chapel built directly on top; this is the site where it is believed that Mary and Joseph took Jesus for refuge from King Herod, before fleeing across the holy land to Egypt. The final stop for the day is at the Shepherd's fields on the outskirts of the city. Believed to be the location where the Shepherds sited the Star of Nativity before venturing to visit Jesus, these fields hold a number of stunning shrines and a beautiful chapel, drawing pilgrims from around the world.
Attractions & monuments
Half-day tour of Bethlehem from Jerusalem
Availability: Tuesday and Friday
Duration: up to 4 hours 30 minutes
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- See one of the oldest churches in the world
- Learn all about the main sightseeing attractions in Bethlehem
- Discover the Shepherd's fields
What to expect
- Entrance to all sites
What's not included
- Lunch and drinks
What to remember
- Israeli passport holders are unfortunately restricted from joining this tour
- Please bring your passport, some snacks, water, hat and sunscreen
- Please call +97225660045 at least 48 hours before the tour to confirm one of the two pick-up locations
- Drop-off at the end of the tour is either near the Damascus Gate or the Abraham Hostel in the Davidka Square
- If a minimum number of participants is not reached the tour will be fully refunded
- 08.15am - Pick-up at Abraham Hostel
- 08.30am - Pick-up from Carta Parking Lot
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins.