After departing from Jerusalem, you will head to Bethlehem and will have the opportunity to explore the city before other tourists arrive. You will discover the birthplace of Jesus and the Church of the Nativity and descend through the Judean Desert where you will reach Jericho, the lowest city on Earth. Here you will ascend the Mount of Temptation by cable car and enjoy a guided tour of the monastery and the city of Jericho. Later you will discover the Baptism site of Qasr al-Yahud. You will return to Jerusalem at around 5.30pm.
Day trips & excursions
Day tour of Bethlehem, River Jordan and Jericho from Jerusalem
Availability: Wednesday and Saturday
Duration: up to 9 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Discover Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus and visit some of its key sites including the Church of the Nativity
- Move towards Jericho, the oldest city on Earth and the Mount of Temptation with its monastery, by cable car
- Visit the Baptismal site on the Jordan River, Qasr al-Yahud
What to expect
The David Citadel Hotel, King David 7, Jerusalem, 9410119
Please meet at the entrance to the David Citadel Hotel.
What to remember
- Please note that order of sites are subject to change as per the guidance of local operator
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please be aware that at this time of year there are a higher number of tourists. The Church of Nativity can tend to get quite crowded. Please be prepared for a long queue or the possibility of not seeing all parts of the church due to crowds
- We suggest you bring a water bottle, snacks, good walking/hiking shoes, hat, sunscreen, bathing suit and towel
- Please dress modestly for religious sites (men no shorts, women no bare shoulders)
- If you have small luggage or belongings, you can bring them along and leave them in the vehicle, however, we are not responsible for any lost items. Please note you may change vehicles throughout the day, so please be mindful to take the bags with you
- Please be sure to arrive at the pickup location on time. We ask that you give a 15-30 minute window for the driver to arrive. Please wait outside in front of the hotel entrance.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 07.45am
Holiday Travel (Israel) LTD
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 1 % refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.