Petra & Wadi Rum 3-day tour from Jerusalem
- Spend three full days seeing the best of what Jordan has to offer
- Explore one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Petra
- Ride in a 4x4 in Wadi Rum, the 'Valley of the Moon"
- View the stunning contrast of desert landscapes and fertile plains
- Taste delicious traditional Bedouin food
On this tour you'll depart from Jerusalem early on day 1, as you're going to start 3 days full of amazing sites to see and experiences to do. Arriving at the Jordan River Border Crossing, you'll cross over and be driven through the fertile hills of northern Jordan where you can spot the ancient Ajloun castle, known for being one of the few fortresses able to fend off various Crusader attacks. The first stop will be the ancient city of Jerash, the most well preserved ruins of a Roman city outside of Italy, which still retains its ancient cardo, hippodrome, oval forum, temples to Zeus and Artemis, and Hadrian's arch. You will then stop for a delicious lunch in a local restaurant before continuing on to the Citadel in Amman, the modern Jordanian capital. The citadel holds both archaeological ruins as well as the Jordan Archaeological Museum within its vicinity, and large parts of the citadel still remain unexcavated. The final stop for the day will be your accommodation near Petra in a Bedouin camp where you'll have the chance to enjoy the authentic Bedouin hospitality including dinner and a warm comfortable bed for the night.
Waking up early the next morning, you'll enjoy a quick breakfast before to hop onto the bus and depart for nearby Petra. This second day of the trip is focused entirely on Petra, the stunning Nabataean city, lost in time for almost two thousand years before being re-discovered in the 19th century. One of the new seven wonders of the world, and the highlight of this trip, Petra is a city carved into the rose coloured sandstone cliff faces of the surrounding desert valleys. You will have the full morning to tour Petra with your guide, before enjoying lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon you can explore on your own other sites in Petra, such as the monastery, before heading back for dinner and another night in the Bedouin camp.
The third day of this trip will be spent exploring the magnificent desert landscape of Wadi Rum, made famous by the exploits of Lawrence of Arabia as well as through its natural beauty. You'll travel through the large desert valleys on a 4x4 Jeep tour providing you with the best possible viewpoint of this moon-like landscape, full with red sand, giant sandstone cliffs, and animals of the desert. You'll then have lunch in a local restaurant, before departing for the Allenby bridge border crossing, and arriving back in Jerusalem by late evening.
- Full transportation to all sites
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance fees
- 4x4 Jeep tour in Wadi Rum
- Accommodation in Bedouin campsite
- Custom-made travel app for smartphones & tablets
- Meals (lunch and dinner on first day, breakfast, lunch and dinner on second day, and breakfast and lunch on third day)
- Border taxes – PAYABLE ONLY IN CASH: Israeli exit fee of 106 ILS, payable with ILS, USD or EUR. Jordanian exit fee of 10 Jordanian Dinar, payable only cash JOD (there is an option to exchange while crossing into Jordan, on the Jordanian side)
- Travel insurance
- Tips (tipping is a part of the culture and economy of tourism in the Middle East, in a similar way to restaurants in the USA and Europe). Recommended tip is 3-5 USD per person per day for the guide, 1-3 USD per person per day for the driver
- Please note the reduced price is available only for children up to 11 years old. They need to show a valid passport
Abraham Hostel Jerusalem: Davidka Square, Jerusalem, 9470211, Israele
Meeting point is in the lobby of Abraham Hostel (Davidka Square, Jerusalem)
- IMPORTANT - VISA INFORMATION: you must login HERE with your Email and Booking ID to enter your passport info at least 48 hours prior to travel or you may be unable to join the tour. Also, please download important Visa and border documents HERE.
- Please bring with you: valid passport, money for border crossing and exit fee, warm clothes for the night, you camera. We suggest you also bring cash for drinks, snacks, souvenirs, tips etc. (only JOD or USD are accepted in Jordan)
- Religious objects and clothing: please be aware that certain religious clothing and objects can create issues for travelers at the Border crossing. If you wish to bring such items, please get in touch prior to the tour.
- If you are traveling alone, you may need to share a room with someone of the same gender, depending on the size of the group. If you prefer to reserve a room only for yourself, there is a single supplement of 150 ILS. Just let us know when booking.
- Israeli citizens: please note, this tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders, due to restrictions. If you have Israeli Citizenship in addition to a foreign passport, please contact us prior to the tour for special instructions regarding the border crossings
- Other Visa info: Jordan permits most Western countries to receive a travel visa at the border crossing. However, residents of some countries need to apply for a visa in advance. For re-entry into Israel, please ensure you are eligible for a Visa on Arrival, or have already arranged a multiple entry visa for Israel in advance. Check with your local embassy, or online
- Muslim holidays: during Islamic Holy Days (especially Ramadan), some sites may be closed or visiting times shortened.
- Unfortunately religious meal requirements (such as Kosher or Halal) are unable to be accommodated on this tour
- Please note the reduced price is available only for children up to 11 years old. They need to show a valid passport.
- Cancellation policy:
- Up to 1 week before departure – Partial 50% refund or change of date (subject to availability and any difference in price)
- Up to 2 weeks before departure – Partial 80% refund or change of date (subject to availability and any difference in price)
- Up to 1 month before departure – Full refund, minus 10% administration and payment processing fee or change of date
- For more information you can call the +972 2 566 0045 between 9am and 9pm (Israel time)
- tour starts at 7.00 am from Jerusalem
Start your tour from your hotel in Tel Aviv, where you will be collected by a professional driver an...
Jerusalem has been fought over for thousands of years and many battles have taken place there. The c...
After departure from Jerusalem, you will head to Bethlehem and will have the opportunity to explore ...
Join this tour to Masada, Ein Gedi and Dead Sea Tour and visit three sites full of natural beauty an...
The unique Hebron dual narrative tour is renowned for exploring both perspectives and narratives of ...
Join a relaxed evening of cooking, chatting with other guests, learning about local cuisine and tast...